External Sales Executive
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
This is an External Sales position working from our Exeter / Motcombe office. You will be reporting to the Sales Manager (Exeter). The role of External Sales Executive is to Maximise selling opportunities and ensure targets are achieved particularly within the stainless & aluminium sector. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Identify credit worthy new customers.
* Ensure contact with customers and prospects.
* Build a positive relationship with customers to identify their needs and improve customer purchase frequency.
* Monitor active/dormant/potential conversion ratios and continually improve upon these.
* Plan days out on a geographical basis and forward information to the Sales Manager and the Internal Sales person.
* Forward any QM (none conforming system) and payment queries to the Sales Manager.
* Ensure all sales enquiries are inputted into the KliCC system.
* CVRs to be kept up-to-date, numbered and entered onto the database. Any actions to be followed through.
* When visiting or calling customers concentrate on the Sales Manager’s weekly focus ‘sales’ campaigns e.g. Niche products/aged stock/volume drive /overstocked material.
* Embrace and implement CLEAR sales training content.
You will have experience of the following:
* Sales experience within a multi-metal stockholding industry, stainless & aluminium in particular.
* Experience or Knowledge, within Steel, Metals or similar
* Knowledge of industry / product / market
* Knowledge of SAP commercial.
* Excellent communication/relationship building skills verbal and written.
* Ability to build a positive relationship with customers to identify their needs.
* Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and e-mail.
* Experience of working as part of a high performing team.
The Company and Benefits
Kloeckner Metals are the largest stockholder & distributor in its field in the UK and Ireland, and a key member of the larger parent group. We are also one of the leading service centre companies in the European and American markets combined.
We have invested over £15 million in processing equipment over the last few years putting us at the forefront of the metal processing industry