Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
* Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies as per Inspection Plans and Specification Requirements.
* Approves incoming materials by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting unacceptable materials.
* Perform first article inspections to support the component qualification process.
* Approves in-process and finished product by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to production supervisor.
* Report inspection findings and results, monitoring corrective actions to inspection findings.
* Understanding specifications and engineering drawings along with customer requirements.
* Ensure calibration and maintenance is carried on inspection equipment.
* Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
* Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
* Experience in a similar inspection role (ideally within engineering background)
* Knowledge on NDT techniques (Preferred) although NOT Essential
* Skilled in the use of various measuring tools such as micrometers, calipers, gauges, etc.
* Ability to read and interpret technical drawings.
* Current counter balance fork lift license (not essential but an advantage)
* Current overhead crane license. (Not essential)
* Ambitious and self-motivated
* Ability to work under own initiative
* Have a can-do attitude and a team player.
* Strong communication skills
* Keen eye and attention for detail.
* Pride in workmanship
* Excellent time and attendance record.
* Permanent contract.
* Shift pattern currently days: 6:30am - 4:15pm Monday - Thursday - FRIDAY'S OFF
* Shift working may be required at busy periods
* Contributory pension scheme
* Profit related bonus payable if company hits budgeted profit targets
* 27 days holiday, including bank holidays and factory shutdown periods