Junior Software Engineer
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
As a software engineer you will contribute to the overall design & development of product-based software, with responsibilities as directed by the Team Lead or delegate. You will develop and maintain software for controlling product operation and fraud detection.
* Develop software for bespoke hardware platforms for a range of time-critical products.
* Analysis and conversion of high-level requirements into software solutions.
* Creating and compiling technical documents including state diagrams and functional specifications
* Integrating various communication and software technologies on to hardware platforms.
* Development of tools to support software system testing and software product development, as required
* Developing test and validation procedures.
* Completing unit and system testing.
Other duties as required
Our Clients software group is small, and its activities are not procedure heavy. For the right person this presents a good opportunity to gain hands-on exposure to real-world products and see a difference from their efforts.
Note: The job will be working on physical hardware products. A strong 'web’ emphasis on a cv probably would not be right for this role.
* Hands on development experience; not necessarily ground-up design but having worked on a real-world product, i.e. not a home project or self-learning.
* Working exposure to C# and Visual studio
* Good educational standard, ideally degree or equivalent in numerate discipline
* Clarity in spoken and written communication
* Familiarity with hardware/electronics. Perhaps just from education
* Familiarity with UML; state machines, sequence diagrams, use-cases etc. Perhaps just from education
Experience in the following would be an advantage:
An engineer with at least 1-2 years working experience that fulfils all the 'must have’ criteria
Knowledge / Education requirements
Educated to first degree level or equivalent, or relevant level of experience
* Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm
* Keeps to deadlines
* Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development
* Shares expertise and knowledge with others
* Demonstrates an understanding of different organisational departments and functions
Due to workplace location your own transport is essential. This is a great opportunity you do not want to miss
£25k - £30k Annual
£28k - £32k Annual
£1 - £1 Annual
£20k - £25k Annual
£22k - £25k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual