Finance Assistant - Payroll and Benefits
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Purpose of Job
To provide processing and management of Payroll and Benefits functions pivotal to the business operation.
The role will require close liaison with Management and our related bodies such as HMRC, to provide support on all payroll and benefit aspects. Ensure all records are kept updated on the SAGE Payroll and payroll policies and procedures are developed and implemented in accordance with the Company’s requirements.
Also to ensure that the Payroll function of the Company is fulfilled and all employees are paid in an accurate and timely fashion using the SAGE Payroll system.
* Managing Payroll for c400+ employees, including engineers with overtime/shifts etc;
* Managing & Processing timesheets, including liaising with Business Support Team Leader and Contract Managers when issues arise with timesheets;
* Implement annual Salary reviews/Bonus
* Keep SAGE Payroll System updated with payroll sensitive information and submit payroll on this system;
* Ensure accurate costing information reports from payroll are provided to Finance Director
* Ensure end of tax year procedures are carried out on SAGE Payroll and returns are filed with HMRC.
* Recording Absences/Annual Leave
* Manually calculating Occupational Sick pay/SSP/Unpaid Leave
* Processing Maternity,Paternity,Adoption and Shared Parental pay
* Processing CSA payments along with Attachment To Earning Orders
* Action Leavers- process final pay and P45
* Assess workers elegibility for the work place pension
* Process pensions payment contribution to external Company
* Pension Compliance
* Submit Full FPS each month along with any FPS Adjustments
* Completing Variation of Contracts – Manually.
* Upload expenses
* Check for Pension Opt in and Opt Out
* Process Salary Sacrifice benefits such as Childcare Vouchers/Cycle to Work/Gym Flex and others
* Ensure the company is compliant with Minimum Wage legislation
* Occasionally arrange payments outside of payroll – Manually calculating NI & Tax
1. To have overall responsibility of benefits schemes operated within the business
2. Keep the Benefits Spreadsheets up to date with Starters & Leavers
3. Informing People Team Director and Finance Director of Insurance Renewals
4. Setting up new Benefits as and when required
5. Collecting Expression of Wish Forms and forwarding over to our Life Insurance Broker
1 Reporting to Shared Service Centre Manager
2 Liaising with both Finance and People Team Directors as and when required
3 Working collaboratively as part of the team across all Divisions
4 This post carries no direct budgetary responsibility.
Role expiry: Friday 12th July 2019