Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Type: Permanent, Full-Time
The Global Technology Team is responsible for the delivery of Technology services to the rest of the company. The role of the Developer is to work on multiple development projects under the guidance of the Principal Developer. To produce code effectively, in the languages and toolkits defined by the group to the required standard & to ensure all code is maintained within the source control system specified.
To work with the Development Team in the production of code as required by the Solution Delivery Director. Follow QA procedures as defined by the Development Team. Gain knowledge and understanding of all RPS Group business sectors. Assist the Solution Delivery Director in creation of new systems/processes. Be able to work autonomously on tasks. For this you’ll need:
* Skills for developing, deploying & debugging cloud applications
* Knowledge of key features of Cloud Service Providers
* Understanding of application lifecycle management
* Ability the use of continuous integration and distribution pipelines to deploy applications
* Ability to code to implement essential security measures
* Skills in writing, correcting and debugging code modules
* Understanding in the use of containers in development processes
* Understand standard systems development lifecycle processes and apply RPS methodology effectively on projects.
* Applies knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve productivity.
* Understands and can create project and development plans and is able work towards project goals and timelines
Essential knowledge and expertise you’ll need to have:
* C# and the .NET Framework
* ASP.NET MVC
* HTML and CSS / Bootstrap CSS
* TSQL for SQL Server
* Entity Framework
* Experience with XML / XSLT, Microsoft Azure, XAML and Xamarin would be an advantage
* Source control (Azure DevOps / TFS)
* Work with other team members to achieve performance targets
* Use of agile methodologies
* A commitment to keep up to date with developments in technology
* The ability to work to deadlines
What we offer you:
We will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
Our employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships
RPS is a leading global professional services firm of 5,600 people. We define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. Connecting with our global expertise we make it easy for our clients to create winning solutions for their communities and their clients. By being confidently pragmatic we solve problems that matter. We make complex easy