Junior Technical Author
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Sopra Banking Software has an exciting opportunity to join one of the leading financial software providers as a Junior Technical Operator within our Managed Services team to work on large scale client accounts. We provide a key service, working with our customer production and test environments, and attention to detail and ensuring quality are essential attributes. We are looking for a keen applicant that wishes to progress a career in IT.
The Junior Technical Operator role is to provide scheduling and monitoring of batch jobs for our customers, covering both their normal business activity as well as projects.
Initially core hours business hours are required 09:30 – 18:00
After an initial training period there is a rota to work the following shifts:
07:00 – 15:30
09:30 – 18:00
18:00 - 01:30
As the ideal candidate you will:
* Have a keen interest in learning to work in an IT role.
* Be an excellent team player, but able to work independently when required.
* Ability to manage own workload.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* Flexibility in working hours, and prepared to work on a rolling rota.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with both internal and external clients.
* Positive attitude to trying out different things and learning new skills.
The roles key responsibilities are:
* Working with a Helpdesk Queuing System, to ensure the workload is monitored and actioned when required.
* Resolving, progressing or escalating calls appropriately and in line with customer SLA’s.
* Using the batch scheduling system ensure successful completion of all scheduled batch jobs and to raise incidents on the ticket system when failures or issues are identified.
* To carry out daily health checks and identifying and escalate any issues.
* Following the company’s change process whenever a modification is required on customer systems.
* Working in conjunction with other Sopra teams as per customer and workload requirements
* Provide regular updates, escalating where applicable, to the Operations Team Leader and customers on urgent issues, following the Critical Incident Management process where applicable.
* Provide feedback into quality initiatives and service improvements to ensure the quality of product or service is maintained and improved upon.
* Supporting the production of team documentation and procedures.
* On a rota basis, ensure all Operations reports and statistics are kept up to date and issued accordingly.
* Ensuring day to day jobs are executed and communicated accordingly.
In return you will benefit from:
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.
Basic salary of £18,000 - £20,000 p/a
We are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce where all our people can be themselves and success on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team