Senior Civil/ Structural Engineer
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
6-12 month contract
My Client are looking for a Senior CS Engineer to be assigned to a project as an integral member of the project design team. Dependant on the size of project, they may be responsible for leading a small team or they may act in support of a principal, supervisory or designated lead engineer as part of a larger project team. They will be required to operate within a multidiscipline environment and so strong communication skills to enable effective liaison, both inside the project and externally to clients is essential.
• To lead or to assist in leading (dependant on project size/ complexity), both local and remote teams consisting of engineers and designers on multidiscipline projects, ensuring that all inter-disciplinary requirements are implemented and maintained at all times.
• Management of change processes with both man-hours and capital cost related to the area of direct responsibility on a given project.
• Where leading a project they are to advise the Department Manager of resourcing requirements to maintain the project plan for assigned project. This to be agreed with the Project Manager and Planning Engineer.
• To assist in producing manhour estimates for professional services and manage the work load to the agreed budgets for themselves and any team members they may be responsible for
• To regularly monitor the project plan and progress measurement reports, within area of responsibility and to inform the Project Manager and Department Manager of any unacceptable trends.
• To ensure any change of scope is highlighted either to the lead CS engineer or to the Project Manager. To ensure variation notes are completed in accordance with Company SOPs identifying the impact on the project plan, manhour budget and capital cost for the changes.
• To ensure that the client interface is given high priority. To address client queries and concerns as necessary.
• To attend all necessary progress meetings and ensure either the lead engineer/Project Manager and Department Manager are fully aware of any problems affecting the productivity of the team.
• To ensure timely completion of all project specifications, designs, drawings and other deliverables within area of own responsibility
• To ensure all documentation within the scope of responsibility is checked, reviewed and approved in accordance with the Company SOP requirements for that project.
• To ensure vendor/ contractor documentation, is reviewed for technical acceptability (when related specifically to CS discipline) or is considered for design impact (e.g. mechanical vendor documentation) where this is part of the area of responsibility
• To give any necessary technical assistance (within limitations of own knowledge) to other members of the multi centred design team (design teams are commonly situated amongst several global locations.
• Experience of Petrochem and/or FMCG EPC/EPCm projects.
• Working knowledge of structural analysis software such as STAAD Pro/ TEDDS etc.
• Degree Qualified in a relevant engineering discipline.
• Experience of working within a multidiscipline 3D model environment
At First Recruitment we understand just how important it is to secure the right people. That's why our consultants always take the time to understand requirements in detail and offer sound advice to both clients and candidates.
This is a superb opportunity for anyone looking to work for a reputable organisation
£35 - £45 Hourly
£35k - £45k Annual