Purchase Ledger Administrator
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Hours: Full time: 8:00am – 16:00pm (or similar)
Salary & Benefits: Competitive and dependent on experience
We are looking for a thorough individual with purchase ledger / accounts payable experience to join our strong, fast paced Accounts team on a full-time basis, as a Purchase Ledger Administrator. Your role would be to ensure accurate processing of invoices and account reconciliation, whilst working within the Purchase Ledger team to achieve department deadlines.
M.V. Kelly Ltd are a highly successful Civil Engineering and Building Contractor specialising in Infrastructure and Groundworks, covering most of the UK. We are an innovative, dynamic and passionate business, who understands that the key to a successful business is successful people.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to ensure that they have a rewarding role within a highly regarded team.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
* Process invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and orders for the various departments and materials.
* Release invoices in preparation for payment.
* Interaction with relevant department / supplier in order to resolve queries.
* Proactive query management and resolution for supplier accounts.
* Ensure correct paperwork is received to meet VAT rules and regulations.
* Ensure accuracy and self-checking of work.
* Monthly reconciliation of supplier statements within deadlines.
* Set up new supplier accounts and maintain existing account details.
* Ensure files are maintained in line with current procedure.
* Support colleagues ensuring the department is working as a team to have all accounts up to date and accurate.
* Working to monthly deadlines set within procedures.
* Other duties as reasonably required from time to time.
* At least 1 year Purchase Ledger/accounts/data inputting experience
* A good standard of education
* Good understanding of Microsoft Excel and computer literate
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent organisational skills
* Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
* Meticulous and methodical; working with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail under pressure
* Ability to prioritise
* Team player
* Previous Purchase Ledger experience for a construction/civil engineering company
* Experience of dealing with high volumes in a busy environment
You will find a high standard of work, salary and benefits offered at M.V. Kelly
£19k - £19k Annual
£18k - £18.5k Annual
£15k - £21k Annual