Distribution Planning Engineer SPN
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Distribution Planning Engineer SPN
Lead Planning Engineer for Distribution Planning SPN
Asset Management, Network Planning SPN
Energy House, Crawley (by Three Bridges station, in West Sussex)
CiP Level / Bonus
£41,909 (or £50,564 - Depending on experience) + business need company car / cash allowance *depending on meeting certain criteria
All applications will be reviewed after the closing date
We also offer :
Personal Pension Plan – Personal contribution rates of 4% or 5% (UK Power Networks will make a corresponding contribution of 8% or 10%)
Tenancy Loan Deposit scheme
Tax efficient benefits: cycle to work scheme
Season ticket loan
Occupational Health support
Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
Discounted access to sports and social clubs
Employee Assistance Programme.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wishes to build a career in a large company that will support you in moving up the career ladder with a heap of benefits along the way.
* We offer fully paid training to give you the recognised qualifications you need to progress your career at UKPN
* Paid Annual leave
* Personal Pension Plan
* Occupational Health support
* Switched On – scheme providing discount on hundreds of retailers products.
* Supplier discounts, such as O2, EE, Vauxhall cars, Universal tyres
* Discounted access to sports and social clubs
* Employee Assistance Programme.
UK Power Networks:
UK Power Networks owns and maintains electricity cables and lines across London, the South East and East of England. We maintain and upgrade power equipment as well as move and connect new electricity cables.
UK Power Networks is the first company to win the prestigious Utility of the Year Award two years running and was named one of the top large companies (9th best of the Sunday Times Top 30) to work for in the country for the third successive year.
-The Network Planning SPN Team is part of the Asset Management Directorate . The team’s role is to manage the Low Voltage and High Voltage distribution networks in UK Power Networks regulated SPN area up to and including 11kV .
-The Post holder carries out planning activities associated with UK Power Networks electricity distribution network up to and including 11kV
-The post holder is expected to work with Procurement and Project Managers to cost schemes. He/she also works with Operational Property & Consents section on legal issues affecting our plant.
-The post holder also represents UK Power Networks in discussions with external bodies and negotiates with customers regarding non-rechargeable diversion schemes.
* Carry out the electrical network design work and cost LV & 11kV projects for asset replacement, non-rechargeable diversions and reinforcement
* Determine the appropriate point of connection and design associated reinforcement requirements for new load and generation enquiries
* Analyse network issues and performance problems, and propose technically sound and cost-effective solutions
* Produce concise business cases in the correct format and present them for authorisation in a timely manner to deliver the Production Plan
* Carry out network analysis and load flow studies
* Contribute to the development of the Asset Portfolio Plan (APP)
* Undertake site visits as necessary
* Approve capital projects up to FAL limit (currently £50k)
* Support the Asset Performance team with production of programmes of work (such as the switchgear replacement programme)
* Determine Protection settings for the secondary network.
* Be a point of reference and provide support to other members of the Distribution Planning Team
* Provide technically accurate and timely schemes for customer driven projects.
Nature and Scope:
The Network Planning SPN Team is part of the Asset Management Directorate. The Network Planning team is currently divided between Distribution Planning and Infrastructure Planning with a view to merge both activities in the medium-term.
Measures of Success
* Contributes to the achievement of the network performance targets for Customer Interruptions (CIs) and Customer Minutes Lost (CMLs)
* Timely quality responses to Connections Business, Independent Distribution Network Operators, Independent Connection Providers
* Accurate and timely information
* Supports and achieves the goal of zero harm to one’s self, colleagues and members of the public
* Effective understanding and successful implementation of Network policies and procedures
* Feedback from colleagues, stakeholders and other organisations demonstrate a positive image of the company
* Makes a positive impact on performance
* Feedback from other staff and other departments within UK Power Networks as well as external organisations demonstrate a positive image of the company
* Management/team feedback
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
-Sound understanding of electricity distribution networks up to 11kV
-Qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND level or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
-Previous experience in electrical distribution network design and planning would be a major advantage.
-Previous experience of network modelling would be an advantage.
-Experience in LV and HV Operational role will be an advantage.
-Understanding of Construction Design and Maintenance (CDM) Regulations
-Proficient in basic PC skills
-Enthusiastic and flexible approach to work
-Good communication skills
-Self-motivated & able to work under pressure
-Good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly
-Possess the ability to demonstrate a co-operative and team based -approach so as to achieve overall business objectives
-Be able to demonstrate a practical and results-orientated approach by virtue of actions undertaken
-Able to work on own initiative
-Be able to demonstrate intelligent balanced judgements in all matters
-Good organising skills including the ability to plan and manage time
-Good ability to relate to people including the ability to work with stakeholders to resolve problems, as well as ensuring that unresolved problems are brought to the attention of management
-The post-holder should be able to think and act ahead of time to take advantage of opportunities for innovation and improvement and to address problems
-Able to work in a pressured environment as part of a highly focused team
-Pragmatic approach to problem solving
-Flexible and adaptable approach to work
-Enthusiastic & strong customer focus, without losing sight of safety and security of supply
-Possess a full, clean driving licence
Should you not currently possess the full range of essential skills, qualifications and competencies listed above, there may be an opportunity for further training to equip the successful candidate appropriately. If the successful candidate does not possess all relevant competencies for the core grade, it will be appropriate to appoint at a lower grade until they have developed the required competencies