Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Our IT infrastructure team, primarily based in the UK, supports our global business, covering 22 offices located from USA to China utilising a range of centralised data centres and local office for the provision of IT services. We are seeking an experienced Infrastructure Analyst to join the team at the ASM UK Headquarters, Weymouth.
This operational and project-based role supports the global provision of the global wide area network (WAN) and Edge security products for the Global SMT business stream.
It encompasses implementation and support of these IT services in all our global offices within the SMT segment locations and also wider collaboration across the ASM PT Group
You will assist in the definition of enterprise architecture, implement policies to support our services, maintain ongoing reviews within the connectivity service portfolio and with core technology vendors, and conduct operational management including Tier 2 and 3 support to ensure that replacement cycles and IT infrastructure portfolio reflect the needs of the business today and tomorrow.
Analyse business requirements and how these fit into the role service definitions and work with the wider IT group to deliver the requirements back into the business
* Monitor and optimise the performance of the service provisions to the business
* Work with both in-house and external service providers to manage positive outcomes
* Create tiered resilience in the service provision
* Maintain and develop the core service offering and support the Senior Manager – IT Global Infrastructure in the strategy, technology roadmaps within the service to meet business requirements and needs over technology cycles.
The technologies currently supporting this role are:
* Firewalls, ATP, IPS, VPN (Checkpoint)
* WAN (CATO (SDWAN) and local internet providers)
* Web filters (Barracuda)
* 2 Factor Authentication (Duo)
In supporting our global offices and colleagues you may be required to travel up to 25% of your time. This role requires a true self-starter as the role is reasonably autonomous. The perfect candidate will have excellent communication skills and be able to demonstrate an ability to work in a collaborative, supportive and open manner.
This role is important to all of us, which means that from time to time you may require you to work additional hours with little if any notice and weekends as a result of a key operational requirement.
About ASM Assembly Systems
Smartphones, computers, networks, self-driving cars, intelligent machines, the latest medical advances, renewable energy – the digital transformation makes our lives easier, safer, and more comfortable.
We are at the centre of it all: The world's leading technology companies manufacture their products with innovative solutions from ASM.
We are the largest supplier for both hardware and software within the electronics industry. We are currently active in over 30 countries and hold over 1,400 high-tech patents. We are a $2.5bn turnover organisation with over 14,800 employees from many different cultures worldwide.
Our Weymouth site is based within 1 mile off the South coast, providing great opportunities for our employees to experience the amazing work/life benefits of being based in such an amazing part of the world, enhanced every more as this role offers a flexi-time working pattern!
We expect a lot, but we also offer a lot of freedom, development opportunities and a highly rewarding working environment. You will receive great benefits including:
* Flexi-time – We recognise the benefits that a more flexible approach can offer the business. We offer full time, non-production, employees the ability to work flexibly, to enable our workforce to balance their work and personal commitments. Employees working in Production have a banked hours scheme, more details are available on starting with ASM. We offer part time employees contracted hours to suit their individual needs. We also have a range of policies in place to help support you with your family needs.
* Pensions –Knowing how important saving for retirement is, we match personal contributions up to 4%. If you’d like to find out more, we can set up a meeting with our Independent Financial Advisors.
* Tax Free Childcare – The UK government offers tax free childcare, setting up an account is easy just let us know if you need any support with this.
* Annual leave – We offer a great starting point of 25 days per year for our staff, increasing to a maximum of 30 days, this amount is pro-rata. Our employees can ‘buy’ or ‘sell’ up to 5 days of holiday entitlement.
* Cycle To Work Scheme – We know that many employees cycle to work. We work with the Cycle2Work scheme which provides you with tax free bikes. Unlike most schemes the cap on our scheme is £5000. You have to be on a permanent ASM contract in order to get this benefit.
* Corporate Gym Rates – We’ve teamed up with a local gym, which is also on the Granby Industrial Estate. Our corporate rate is only £15 per month.
* Health Cash Plan – We know that private healthcare can be pricey. So, we have partnered with a market leader to make it more affordable.
* Den Plan – We’ve partnered with Den plan to provide more affordable dental costs. There are a variety of levels of cover available to select from.
* Saving Scheme – We have an agreement with a leading supplier to help you save. They also offer short term loans.
* If you match the below from our wish list, we want to hear from you Good communication skills and able to relate to all levels of our business
* Ability to translate business requirements into technical delivery
* Good problem solver, proactive and creative in solutions with a good understanding of the detail
* Conscientious, open and honest
* Qualified, to degree or HND or equivalent level, preferably in an IT or computer related discipline.
* Qualified to at least ITIL foundation level
* CCNA certified
* Experience with Checkpoint (R80) or similar
* Solid background in the supported services and underlying technology
* Ability to work on own initiative, address and resolve problems in a pressurised environment
* Able to apply a logical and systematic approach when sol
* ving relatively complex problems.
* 3+ years’ experience of working within an enterprise IT environment