Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
We are seeking a Mechanical Inspector to work as part of our Manufacturing Team. It is an exciting time to join us at our new Bolton Manufacturing facility.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship/TR23/TR21 or HNC.
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work as part of a team to deliver the business.
- Several years' experience as a skilled person.
- IPC 610 certified / trained preferred
What’s in it for you?
- The role will provide many stimulating challenges and personal development opportunities. MBDA values its employee’s personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
What you will be doing:
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Examining for correct assembly
- Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc.
- Inspect for physical damage
- Intermediate inspection checks non product certification
- Monitor product certification operators
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Control defect items via segregation from good product
- Raise and maintain relevant data records/defect reports
- Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation/history sheets
- Care for and use specialised inspection tools
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
What’s great about the team?
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
£12 - £15 Hourly
£28k - £33k Annual
£22k - £30k Annual
£28k - £33k Annual
£29k - £35k Annual
£12 - £13 Hourly
£22 - £27 Hourly