Field Support Engineer
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
£25,000 to £30,000 + 5% bonus
Initially, it is expected to be based in the Gatwick offices, but must have a willingness to travel to other locations if required.
Overall purpose of job:
Forming part of XXX Ltd Support Services infrastructure, this role is focused on providing support and services to end users and clients, as well as internal support to Projects and Engineering departments. Based within the XXX Oil & Gas domain, but with a requirement to provide flexible support to a number of other Oil & Gas regional offices as required.
* Attend customer’s sites as directed by the line manager you are assigned to service, upgrade, and commission XXX equipment and systems, as well as providing emergency response support, ensuring continued serviceability and up time of XXX equipment.
* To prepare all necessary paper work required prior to and post site visits, including Site Visit Report, Method Statements and Risk Assessment.
* Provide follow up support services in the resolution of outstanding actions and issues, progressing resolutions to closeout.
* To provide engineering input into new/existing projects using application and/or site knowledge to help progress project deliveries.
* Coordinate with others for project or support deliverables, including management of own.
* Degree, HND, HNC (or equivalent qualification and/or experience)
* Knowledge of control and safety system applications, support and integration for the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical or pharmaceutical industries with on-shore and off-shore site experience an advantage.
* Knowledge of control system applications throughout the project lifecycle from initial design concepts through to installation, commissioning and subsequent client support.
* Software design and support experience of PLC/HMI or DCS based control systems. Application experience of third party systems integration would be an advantage:
* ·GE Fanuc
* Knowledge of communications protocols would be an advantage.
* Hardware design and support experience relating to control system equipment PC’s, PLC’s (panels, control desks and control rooms) and integration of other manufacturers equipment.
* Understanding of Control and Instrumentation installation specifications
* To have a good understanding and awareness of the requirements for site safety, in relation to the Oil & Gas industry. Keeping up to date with safety requirements driven from both the Company and industry
* Willing to undergo Off-shore survival courses and any required safety course.
* Computer literate, with experience of PC-based word-processing, spreadsheet and database programs.
* Requirement to provide out of hours support to clients both UK and worldwide.
* Certified medically for offshore work.
* Holder of full UK Driving Licence.
This challenging role requires the individual to be proactive and flexible in their work pattern in order to meet the demands of the business and those of our clients. A willingness to be part of an integrated cross site support network providing client support to business and mission critical applications around the clock
£25k - £30k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£34k - £39k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual