Project Engineer / Process Engineer - Mechanical
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: Cranfield, Bedfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
The Company has led the field of fluid engineering for over 70 years. Specialists in understanding how fluids behave, how they interact with each other and how they react with their surroundings, they take a problem solving approach to design, develop, validate and optimise processes for the benefit of our clients. Established in 1947, and privately owned since 1989, we are based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire.
As a growing firm we have an opening for an experienced Project Engineer who is technically strong, commercially aware and able to work safely and at pace to work on a range of exciting projects in our Mechanicals Team and in collaboration with other teams. You will work on research and consultancy projects for the design, development and testing of fluid systems, in a dynamic project delivery environment. You will be looking to extend your technical knowledge in fields such as fluid power and High Pressure/High Temperature systems and applying it to a wide range of industrial processes.
* Strong knowledge and experience in design and hands-on operation of fluid power and hydraulic systems
* Good practical engineering and technical skills - able to build or supervise the design and installation of test rigs, models or final products
* Able to assess and manage health and safety risk related to all aspects of the project
* A good understanding of fluid mechanics gained from either degree/higher education qualification in Mechanical Engineering (or related field) or from equivalent experience
* Understanding of the product development life cycle and associated qualification testing
* Experience in management of all aspects of a project
* The ability to identify cost effective solutions
* A team player with excellent written and oral presentation skills
* Strongly self-motivated and able to organise themselves
* The ability to work at pace and deliver work product on time is essential
Experience in the following would be advantageous:
* Experience of use of fluid power and hydraulic systems under safety critical or high pressure conditions or in hazardous environments
* Knowledge and experience of instrumentation and data acquisition (LabVIEW) and their use on test rigs
* A proven background in one of the industry sectors we service
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Manufacturing Engineer, Development Engineer, Process Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Process Engineer, Production Projects Engineer, Design Engineer, Production Operations, Project Coordinator, Project Management, Project Engineer, Engineering Project Management, Production Engineer, Operations Engineer, Engineering Manager will also be considered for the role