Continental Shift Engineer
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Location: East Grinstead
Basic Salary: £42,000
Annual Leave: 20 days
My client is one of the largest independent providers of property maintenance services in the UK, providing both Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance to thousands of clients across tens of thousands of locations around the UK. They provide, Mechanical & Electrical, Fabric, Air conditioning and Combustion, maintenance and installations to commercial & retail environments. With 15 regional offices they are national specialists in planned and responsive maintenance and all of there services are based on `self delivery`, which means that they employ only the best, fully qualified in-house technicians and engineers to maintain quality standards. They currently employ over 2000 technicians and engineers.
We are currently recruiting for a Continental Shift Engineer to work for one of the UK’s largest maintenance contractors.
* Carrying out scheduled PPM and reactive maintenance tasks in maintaining site assets ensuring equipment availability.
* Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out to all building plant, equipment and systems to meet and exceed expectations, and agreed service level agreements.
* Respond to Building Management System alarms, and effect emergency repairs as needed.
* Issue and ensure appropriate controls within the Permit to Work systems.
* Ensure that Evaporative Cooling Systems and domestic water systems are maintained to comply with the requirements of the L8 standard.
* Ensure that suitable spares are available to carry out maintenance of the above plant.
* Ensure that comprehensive maintenance records are kept in the form of task sheets – hard copy or electronically as required.
* Ensure that Method Statements and Risk Assessments are prepared and adhered to for all tasks carried out to ensure safe working practices
* Ensure that engineering subcontractors are appropriately supervised, and comply with contractual commitments, and site operating processes.
* Provide shift cover for opposite shift members during periods of absence.
* Attend and support annual building shutdowns when required.
* All other duties reasonably associated with this role.
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
* City & Guilds 2360 1&2 Electrical Installation
* City & Guilds 2380 17th Edition
*HV & LV training will be provided
£40k - £42k Annual
£34k - £35k Annual
£39k - £40k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual