Project Manager / Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join an engineering firm which specialises in within the motor racing and automotive market.
Working alongside a highly experienced, prestigious small team the Project Manager will support and lead the Mechanical Design Lead to support the detailed final design, develop and test the product range.
We are looking for the following experience -
*Planning and managing projects, including technology development projects
*Resource allocation and tracking
*Supplier Management - competent/parts negotiation
*Project cost tracking and forecasting
*Advanced use of MS Project
*Sourcing and working with manufacturers and suppliers of COTS components
The mechanical design aspect of the role includes -
* CAD experience ideally but not essentially in SolidEdge (alternatively NX, CATIA, SolidWorks).
* Design of structural metalwork including welded and bolted assemblies
* Bearing selection and calculation
* Electro-mechanical assemblies involving bearings, motors, actuators
* Finite Element Analysis (FE / FEA) ideally including "modal analysis"
* Production of drawings for manufacture
* Locating and working with suppliers of fabrications and COTS components
People Source Consulting Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
People Source specialise in technology recruitment across niche markets including Information Technology, Digital TV, Digital Marketing, Project and Programme Management, SAP, Digital and Consumer Electronics, Air Traffic Management, Management Consultancy, Business Intelligence, Manufacturing, Telecoms, Public Sector, Healthcare, Finance and Oil & Gas