Motor Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jul 12, 2019 by CV-Library
Reporting to the Engineering Manager in Power, the Motor Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for providing Mechanical design expertise to support the design and development of specialist high power electric motors and generators.
The candidate will provide expertise in the mechanical packaging of power dense motor solutions and will provide design support throughout the design lifecycle; from feasibility studies and concept designs for new products, through to detailed design and production delivery.
The role may be delivered at an Engineer, Senior or Principal level within the Company dependant on experience.
* Provide the business with mechanical design expertise for high power electric motors rated in the range of several kW to a few MW
* Generate concept motor design proposals and feasibility studies to support future product development programmes
* Carry out mechanical, structural and thermal design and analysis of electric motors, within a multidisciplined engineering environment
* Work with production engineering to develop manufacturing technologies, process plans and quality systems and to initiate and support cost improvement activities
* Develop appropriate external design, analysis and manufacturing partners in support of our ongoing business opportunities
* Contribute to the development of engineering excellence within the business
* Degree or higher in mechanical engineering or equivalent
* Skills and experience in the field of motor design
* Broad knowledge of all aspects of motor design and system applications (e.g. electrical design of motors, motor drives, pumps, etc)
* Experience in manufacturing methods applicable to rotating machines; castings, fabrications, machining, coil winding, etc
* Proficient in the use of 3D CAD. Solidworks is preferred but not essential
* Use of CFD/FEA tools for thermal analysis and structural design and analysis, fatigue life assessments
* Good knowledge of materials
* Good knowledge of best practice design lifecycle process; gated design phases, design reviews
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at the website