Accounts Receivable Assistant
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Newly Weds® Foods is a leading, privately owned global food ingredients business and has been innovating since 1932. The European division is a market leader in the manufacture of coatings, seasonings and functional ingredient systems.
Today, Newly Weds® Foods is a world leader in food ingredient technology. A network of R&D, manufacturing and service facilities around the globe allows us to serve our customers’ needs in more than 68 countries. But despite our size and scope, we’ve continued to be an independent, familyowned business answerable only to the demands of our customers. That’s why we continue to invest in infrastructure, human resources and capacity to keep pace with our customers’ needs and expectations.
Newly Weds® Foods Ltd are rapidly expanding and as such we are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated, proactive and driven individual to work as an Accounts Receivable Assistant supporting the department covering maternity leave. Reporting into the Credit Controller, the successful applicant will be responsible for maintaining Newly Weds Foods credit and sales ledgers ensuring Purchase Ledgers are maintained, Buying Orders and GRN's are matched correctly to invoices and correct period end 'cut offs' and accruals are maintained. Candidates will assist in control of credit facilities and sales ledger maintenance for all customers ensuring optimum benefit/profit of the Company, whilst ensuring accounts are paid within agreed terms, sales ledger accounts are maintained and bad debts kept to a minimum.
* Maintain computerised Suppliers' Master Records and ensure new accounts are added accurately and unused accounts are removed on a regular basis.
* Regularly review suppliers terms to ensure maximum credit period and discounts are taken.
* Where an invoice cannot be authorised immediately, ensure the invoice is cleared onto the Purchase Ledger and payment is held. Ensure suppliers are notified of all queried invoices.
* Ensure invoices, credits and cash requests are approved in compliance with authority limits.
* Ensure Suppliers invoices are correctly matched through the computerised purchase ledger to the correct buying order number or the correct GRN.
* Ensure correct procedures are adhered to re: security/payments etc., and control payments to overseas and group suppliers via bank transfers.
* Deal with Suppliers queries, returned goods, debit notes etc., efficiently with regular checks against statements, supplier accounts and accruals.
* Report Days Purchases outstanding and any relevant points to Credit Controller as and when required.
* Raise 'sundry' invoices, 'exception orders', check, adjust Purchase and Sales Ledger as necessary - ensure all actions are recorded and clearly visible.
* Make payments as necessary, within authority limits, ensuring relevant controls are in place to prevent errors.
* Ensure security of cheque stationery, signature equipment and all documents, instructions etc., relating to payments.
* Regularly check the integrity of systems, ensure cheque signatory understand their responsibilities.
* Assist users of the purchasing system train and re-train as necessary.
* Ensure all actions are visible in the event of absence of any team member, especially Credit Controller, where full cover is required.
* Report any recurrent or relevant problems to Credit Controller and assist in the preparation of the monthly Performance Update Report.
- Ensure credit checks (through banks, status agency and other suppliers) are carried out before initial delivery. With Business Support Manager's advice and assistance, approve credit limits, and inform customers of terms and conditions/credit limit. Ensure all new customers sign their acceptance of terms.
- Regularly check status of existing customers and review credit limits/terms in consultation with sales force - looking at all relevant factors, risk, profit margins, overriding discounts, competition.
- Set up new customers correctly on Formul8, ensure that computerised Customer Master Records are maintained/updated as necessary and ensure unused accounts are regularly removed after consultation with sales force and Management Accounts.
- Contact customers by letter and fax, but mostly by telephone to collect overdue accounts.
- Ensure calls are followed up and action taken is visible to Credit Controller and Purchase Ledger controller in event of absence.
- Act as administrator for Finance related complaints. Ensure complaints are logged and progressed quickly, especially to avoid payment delays and to ensure continuous improvement across the organisation. Report any delays, recurring problems to Credit Controller.
- Control sundry accounts/invoicing for miscellaneous debtors and ensure these are credit checked or cheques are cleared prior to delivery. Chase for payments/queries etc., as above
- Ensure statements, invoices and credit notes are sent out in a timely manner.
- Take legal action on delinquent accounts taking advice from Credit Controller and Solicitors or Collection Agencies where necessary.
- Assist in the control of price files to ensure all customer records reflect the prices confirmed to customers by Account Holders and Management Accounts.
- Minimise bad debts by ensuring above procedures are carried out swiftly and efficiently and by ensuring necessary 'stops' applied, credit limits adhered to and CMR information is correct and up to date.
- Develop customer records, maintain performance history and status information.
- Deal with Insolvencies, Receiverships, and Liquidations directly or through our appointed Solicitors, Agents or Insolvency firms.
- Report any recurrent or relevant problems to Credit Controller and assist in the preparation of the monthly Performance Update Report. Sales Ledger
- Ensure cheques and cash is banked daily and allocated promptly to Sales Ledger Accounts together with other journal entries/transfers/postings.
- Through liaison with Sales Force, Customer Care or other relevant departments, ensure credit/debit note requests are dealt with promptly and when processed, are checked against quantity and price and are allocated correctly to customers' accounts.
- Maintain necessary controls to ensure all transactions are correctly processed and VAT is recorded correctly.
- Ensure 'sundry' invoices are raised, checked, posted to Sales Ledger as and when required. Continuous Improvement
- Ensure all above tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company’s recognised Quality System, through maintenance of Quality Procedures, Work Instructions, Quality Forms etc.
- Identify Corrective Actions, where necessary arrange groups to resolve recurring problems, chair meetings, provide regular updates to Credit Controller to ensure Continuous Improvement across all areas of the business.
Successful candidates should be educated to a good standard and should hold a minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent, to include Maths and English at Grade C or above. Individuals should be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively at all levels. Although the role is part of a small team, candidates should be able to use their own initiative and prioritise their workload effectively. Excellent analytical skills and a sound knowledge of IT packages such as PowerPoint, Excel and Word are also essential for this position.
Hours of work
This is a day staff position, working a basic 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday, however due to nature of this role you will need to demonstrate a certain amount of flexibility.
The role offers a competitive salary and other benefits associated with a large, successful business including:
* Group Personal Pension Plan
* Annual Bonus (discretionary)
* Entry into private healthcare plan
* Medicash Health Scheme
* 25 days holiday per year plus Statutory Holidays
* Free On-site parking at all sites.
Based at our Ossett site
Newly Weds Foods is a well-established, innovative and forward thinking business who is looking for dynamic and self-motivated individuals to join the Company. So, if you are seeking an exciting and challenging opportunity to, join a globally successfully business, then this may be the position for you.
How to Apply
Anyone wishing to apply for the above position should do so in writing with an up to date CV and covering letter stating why you would like to apply for this position, and outlining any relevant skills and experience.
Closing date: Friday 9th August 2019
If you do not receive a response after 2 weeks, please assume that unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion
£14.6 - £14.6 Hourly
£9.5 - £9.5 Hourly
£18k - £19k Annual
£18k - £22k Annual
£13.7k - £13.7k Annual
£23k - £25k Annual
£20.5k - £20.5k Annual
£18.5k - £18.5k Annual
£22k - £22k Annual