Machine Shop Setter Supervisor
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
It is essential that you possess both CNC setting and supervisory experience to be suitable for this position.
The Setter Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the shift, setting machines in accordance with the production plan and ensuring the effective use of labour to maximise production output whilst achieving the required quality standard.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Working to the Production schedule as issued.
* Setting of Machines as required (including the paint line), including any ancillary equipment, such as the roll marker or dip tank, for example.
* Liaise with the despatch area to ensure upcoming products on the program are brought over and stored in the Machine Shop despatch area until required for machining.
* Ensuring that the Inspector is aware of upcoming jobs to allow them to prepare accordingly, including for example, setting of the roll marker.
* Effectively manage the shift to ensure WIP is processed and kept to a minimum, this includes any parts that are going to/returning from a sub-contractor.
* Ensure all finished parts are made ready for despatch to the customer in a timely manner.
* Ensure that any spare labour is utilised as required. For example, running any set machines or completing WIP whilst the Setter Supervisor is setting a machine.
* Completion of Machine Shop daily paperwork and bookings as directed by the Machine Shop Superintendent or Manager.
* To ensure the Machine Shop is kept clean and tidy.
* To be responsible for the supervision, control and on the job training of the Machine Shop and ancillary staff to achieve the company's objective in a safe and orderly manner. This should be done with the assistance of the laid down departmental procedures and work instructions.
* Ensure all training records are maintained and up to date.
* To supervise and organise the shift in such a manner as to maximise efficiency and achieve the expected quality standards.
* To liaise with the Maintenance department when required to ensure timely reporting of breakdowns and potential failures in order to minimise downtime.
* Together with the quality department to be responsible for, at minimum achieving and striving to improve the quality standards within the Machine Shop.
* To undertake any other duties as requested by the Machine Shop Superintendent or Manager.
The machines are Fanuc and Siemens controlled. You will not be required to write your own programmes but will be expected to edit and make minor adjustments to the programme if required.
The Machine Shop Setter Supervisor working hours are 6am-2pm week 1, 2pm-10pm week 2 - Monday to Friday. This carries a salary banding of £36,200 to £38,600 per annum and is made up of a lower salary + shift payment, but with the production bonus it takes you to the higher salary range.
* 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays)
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Bonus paid
For live job updates direct to your newsfeed like our Facebook page - you can do this by typing "Equation Recruitment" into the Facebook search bar, alternatively visit (url removed)
Equation Recruitment are an equal opportunities employer that operates as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and as an employment business for temporary recruitment. Replying to this advert means that you provide us with authorisation to add you to our database for us to match and contact you to other suitable vacancies