Mechanical Design Engineer
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
This Design Engineer career opportunity will allow you to work on new projects upgrading and developing the existing product range making design and assembly improvements. You will get involved with production, the workshop and production engineering in this varied role taking whole complex products through Engineering Change Requests, BOM’s, and identify continuous improvements using VAVE techniques.
Design Engineer responsibilities:
* Designing and implementing improvements into existing products with all associated detailing
* Completing Engineering Change Notes & Requests (ECN’ / ECR’s), updating and maintaining Bills of Material (BOM’s), technical specifications and tracking changes ensuring fully up to date and accurate
* Providing engineering support to production and procurement so all parts on the MRP system are specified and correct with drawings accurately detailed
* Utilise your hands on engineering skills in order to achieve DFM (Design for Manufacture) capabilities in conjunction with the production team, prototype and manufacturing engineers
* Assisting with the production of technical files for CE marking of new and existing products
Design Engineer skills and qualities
* Mechanical / Electrical Engineering background with an HNC / HND or BEng or other appropriate discipline
* 3D and 2D CAD skills (Solidworks / Inventor ideally) plus IT literate Excel / Word / ERP / MRP systems
* A practical engineering understanding, able to problem solve and think laterally, identify improvements to do things better whilst keeping an eye on the detail.
* Able to communicate effectively with the team from production to design and quality to procurement, able to deliver commercially effective products
* Solid understanding of geometric dimensions and tolerances
* Useful would be knowledge of hydraulics, fabrication, materials and basic electrics
* Organised and able to manage multiple tasks, hands on and a passion for engineering
Take up this opportunity
This is a superb career opportunity for a qualified electro-mechanical Design Engineer to be fully involved at a very exciting time with a dedicated design & development team. With significant recent growth, further investment and the desire to increase their already established market share with superb products, they are offering a talented design engineer the chance to grow and develop into bigger and better things through continual personal development.
Actively interviewing and ready to hire immediately so upload your CV using the links or contact Deborah
Salary and benefits: £very competitive, Pension contribution, bonus scheme, flexitime, 21 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Opportunity to work with: Design | Solidworks 2D & 3D | CAD | ECR Engineering Change Requests | BOM Bill of Materials | MRP/ERP | Mechanical design | Electrical design | Design for Manufacture DFM | Fabrication | Machining | Hydraulics | Projects |
Commutable from: Suffolk | Bury St Edmunds | Diss | Hadleigh | Ipswich | Needham Market | Stowmarket | Sudbury and surrounding areas
Similar titles: Mechanical Design Engineer | Electro-mechanical Design Engineer| Project Design Engineer
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
£35k - £37k Annual
£30k - £37k Annual
£32k - £50k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£23 - £25 Hourly