Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We are currently recruiting for an engineering store-man to join the team on a temporary to permanent basis.
The role will be to work as part of the Engineering Stores Department team and ensure the efficient administration of the Stores Department. To support the Assistant Stores Controller in the Stores activities.
* To control SAP MRP system conversion to planned order, monitoring levels and adjusting to history profile.
* To advise the Assistant Stores Controller/Stores Controller of stock discrepancies and shortages, maintaining stock at agreed levels.
* To verify, update and reconcile inventory information using a computerised records system. To produce physical inventory documents, data entry of physical inventory counts, to plan and maintain the perpetual inventory count.
* To determine proper floor and shelf locations for supplies and to verify quantity/ quality of orders as received.
* To control and issue inventory, as well as process and maintain inventory records and perform related work.
* To maintain a professional, polite and courteous manner whilst dealing with internal and external customers.
* To promote a high level of quality and safety within the department.
* To despatch and control equipment for repair, providing all documentation relevant to destination, the control and recording of all information for traceability and cost control.
* To deal with general/specific queries and projects from all internal customers.
* To organise and report weekly, monthly and annual facts and figures as required by the Stores Controller or Assistant Stores Controller.
* To introduce new stock and ensure correct identification in line with group guidelines.
* To maintain an administrative and orderly system for the function, electronically recording movements between MM-PM, while liaising with PM controller regarding the introduction of new equipment.
* To ensure safe working practices are adhered to and good housekeeping procedures are maintained.
* To ensure security of stock and control entry to the engineering stores department.
* To provide continuity of service within Engineering Stores.
* To attend training courses and meetings as necessary.
* To demonstrate professional competence and development by keeping skills up to date and in providing evidence of continuing professional and technical development.
* To follow all Company Safety Systems as detailed in Health and Safety Manual
* Experience of SAP systems desirable.
* Basic standard of IT skills and competent use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
* Experience in an engineering stores related role.
* Reasonable standard of secondary education.
* Must be well organised, efficient, personable and have a good, confident telephone manner