Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
This is a superb opportunity for you to make an impact with your design flair, creating unique and specialist engineering solutions for discerning customers involving mechanical units in architectural settings.
You will be part of a small engineering team working closely with the customers, production and installation teams to deliver high quality specialist equipment for both top quality products through to the industrial range of units. This successful business has an active enquiry & busy order book that requires detailed drawings for their customers and subcontract manufacturers to be delivered so you will be proactively involved in making the projects happen.
Design Engineer responsibilities:
* Designing and detailing specialist mechanical units utilising a range of steel formats and strengthened glass for industrial and architectural situations.
* Develop the brief using your creative flair and aesthetic design skills, applying them to the standard components ensuring design for manufacture (DFM) and assembly, liaising with suppliers and subcontractors throughout the process
* Utilising your understanding of engineering materials, components, fixtures, finishes and hinges with a high level of attention to detail
* Ensure all documentation is accurate and complies to ISO9001 and other standards as required
Experience and skills of the Design Engineer:
* Graduate / HNC / HND or apprentice qualified with some hands on experience in mechanical product design and detailing using mild and stainless steel, glass and other engineering materials
* Familiar with AutoCAD Inventor 2018, producing 2D assembly and 3D modelling drawings and excellent presentation skills
* Solid all round IT knowledge including use of ERP/MRP software
* Working closely with the Lead Design Engineer you’ll be a team player with common sense, a flexible attitude and an eye for detail who aspires to create a masterpiece for on time delivery
* Excellent interpersonal skills, you’ll work closely with clients, architects, suppliers and the internal engineering project team
* A UK driving licence and transport is essential due to their stunning rural office location and the need to sometimes visit clients for site surveys
Actively interviewing and ready to hire immediately so please send your CV using the link provided or contact Deborah on (phone number removed) for more information
Salary and benefits: £30 - 35,000, pension contribution, 25 days holiday, BUPA cover after 6 months
Similar titles: CAD Technician | Design Engineer | Draughtsperson or draughtsman | Mechanical Design Engineer | Mechanical Draughtsperson | Engineering Draughtsperson | Architectural Draughtsperson |
Opportunity to work with: Design | Detailing | Mechanical | Steel | 3D Modelling | Design For Manufacture DFM | AutoCAD | Inventor |
Commutable from: Bury St Edmunds | Cambridge | Dunmow | Halstead | Haverhill | Linton | Newmarket | Saffron Walden | Sudbury and surrounding areas
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
£30k - £35k Annual
£25k - £25k Annual
£34k - £34k Annual
£20k - £27k Annual
£20 - £25 Hourly