Head of Quality - Functional Development
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
You will create and deliver programmes within our International Quality organisation to develop the skills and competencies of our Quality team members.
This will include: conducting skills diagnostics and analysis; articulating and designing a knowledge management framework; supporting the creation of strategic interventions; designing and implementing/delivering effective training, creating skills development programmes and talent plans.
You will also support evaluation strategies to ensure the future Quality organisation capability meets our future strategic business needs.
What will you be doing?
Working for the Group Head, you will be a key team player in the development, sustainment and implementation of key methods to develop skills, knowledge, behaviours, and improvement of skills within the International Quality teams based in Italy, Germany, UK and France.
You will also co-ordinate plans to promote Knowledge Management within the team, to sustain and improve key expertise. You will maintain relationships with national directorates and operational communities for promotion of quality methods and techniques to be used within Quality and the wider company.
- have an active role in the development of strategies and measures to ensure that the capability of our Quality team members will meet future business needs.
- maintain an up-to-date view on integrated Quality resourcing levels and competencies available within MBDA
- support delivery ofMBDA-wide Quality communication forums
- Coordinate the development, and maintenance, of the full set of the training material for all Quality skills and tools
- Ensure Quality training material is consistent with Quality skills and tools evolution
- Actively participate in project meetings and identify suitable learning solutions
What are the benefits for you?
- Build a network of interesting and committed individuals with a passion for their role within MBDA
- Help a wide range of people to develop their Quality skills, using your creative flair
- Deploy your cultural and behavioural skills, to work effectively within a multinational Quality department, in an international defence company
- Develop knowledge of the products, technologies and customers within a key defence sector.
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be part of a Quality Management team spread across Europe
- You will work within a team with a wealth of experience, including quality improvement projects, auditing, document management, product assurance, external standard maintenance and the business document storage system.
- The Quality directorate has accountability across all of MBDA to establish common Company Quality Strategies, Policies and Principles, guide the business towards a harmonious set of company processes, and lead Product Quality Assurance across the business, aiming at integrating/harmonising product assurance policies, processes and practices for the benefit of national and multinational projects.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Experience of managing Quality Management Systems and techniques
- Proven ability to develop and upskill employees
- Deliver innovative ideas for improved performance of colleagues
- Lean 6 Sigma methodology implementation experience
- Experience of employee training and development techniques
- Understanding of major external quality improvement mechanisms (ISO, BEM, CMMI, Life Cycle Management)
- Good business understanding, and able to contribute to strategy at senior level
- Cultural sensitivity
- Team working skills
- Target oriented
- Ability to undertake significant European Travel
- Prior experience within an Engineering sector
- French language skills could be useful, but not essential
- Broad understanding of the key technologies related to missiles and systems
Why you should come and work at MBDA:
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe’s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- Our working environment is multinational, partly integrated and does require to a have a strong adaptation capability to achieve at group level while delivering value added with and through others
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)