Product Assurance Manager
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
A vacancy has arisen for a Product Assurance Professional, to lead a small team in a complex and challenging environment, based in Henlow and Stevenage. In this role you will be accountable for the delivery of the Product Assurance Directorate’s mission of ensuring quality excellence and performance of our products and services.
Support the quality assurance activities related to Control of Non-Conforming Materials, for all products and services, across projects throughout the complete Product Life Cycle (PLC)
Ensure the upfront root cause and trend analysis of product and process non-conformance is undertaken by the team, using proven quality tools, techniques, methodology and statistics.
Responsible for the communication, reporting and influencing effectively at all levels of the organisation, including the senior management, on Non-Conformance status.
Provide professional support and advice on all aspects of quality within the Manufacturing, Operations and Engineering departments to help reduce the occurrence of non-conformances.
Be accountable for the performance and development of the Quality Team South, including the setting of performance standards and SMART objectives and delivery, against agreed timeframes
Provide development and delivery of quality-related training.
Ensure the Quality Team South work to identify project risks or problem areas / issues associated with process application, process effectiveness or compliance. Assess the impacts on quality. Close the Quality Assurance loop by audit/survey both on product and process.
Monitor Certification stamp holders on behalf of the Head of Operations to ensure their continued competency.
The verification of all First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR) completed by Manufacturing UK in support of Industrial Validation (IV), including the final sign off.
Within Manufacturing UK and related engineering operations, interface with the Customer (DQAFF) representatives and maintain an effective interface with Product Assurance.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a vibrant quality organisation and develop as a quality professional;
- Gain knowledge of deploying latest quality tools and techniques;
- Opportunity to identify process improvements to aid on time delivery of product during the development lifecycle;
- Management of quality assurance activities associated with our worldwide MEP supply base;
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a dynamic, focused team responsible for delivering the product into production;
- The team are experienced and keen to share their knowledge.
What are we looking for?
- Project experience within the development and industrialisation/manufacturing phases;
- Ideally qualified to HND or HNC with experience within Engineering or Quality Assurance;
- Knowledge of the Quality Tools and an understanding of non-conformance management using SAP would be an advantage;
- Ability to travel and work in a team environment;
- Experience of managing Suppliers in the development phase.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, amazing bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)