Principal Mechanical Future Concepts Engineer
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
An opportunity has for a Mechanical Future Concepts Engineer with drive and enthusiasm to join Europe’s number one missile system provider, developing concepts, prototypes and technologies for insertion into the next generation of complex weapons.
What will you be doing?
- You will work exclusively within the feasibility/concept and assessment phase domain of the product lifecycle for Future Systems programmes.
- You will be responsible for Mechanical Engineering rapid concept development and robust design for new Projects through ownership of specific Mechanical Functions/Attributes.
- You will lead the concept design, development, manufacture, assembly and test of solutions for new technologies/concepts to increase Technology Readiness Levels and reduce risk for future capabilities.
- You will be working on Mechanical Engineering development of Technologies within the scope of airframe development (e.g. Low Observability and Aerodynamics) and novel technology progression.
- You will be supported with the use of state of the art engineering tools and MBDA’s extensive in house facilities and capabilities.
What are the benefits for you?
- You will be working on challenging engineering problems and will receive structured skills development.
- The role provides great opportunities for personal development including Chartership and Professional Accreditation.
- You will be trained in specific aspects of advanced technology applications for weapon system and weapon system sub-system design.
- You will have the potential to work on multi-national projects with the associated international travel.
- You will work on Projects that are in the first stages of development providing the opportunity to shape their direction into development.
- You will have the opportunity to propose ideas for future research topics and obtain funding to develop these ideas within the Function.
What’s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a like-minded enthusiastic team, working on a diverse range of world class products.
- Many of our projects are ground breaking and so you can expect to develop and use the latest technologies.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- You will need to be eligible for Developed Vetting (DV) UK Security Clearance.
- Ideally Degree/HND/HNC plus significant experience in Mechanical Design and Concept Development.
- Capable of managing work packages, rapid development activities and autonomous working.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business.
- You will have a willing, helpful attitude and a calm professional manner, able to set priorities and deal with multiple issues.
- Have the awareness and understanding of cultural differences with the ability to adapt accordingly.
- An understanding of structural, thermal and dynamic considerations to be assessed during the concept phase.
- Relevant 3D CAD/CAE experience (training on our preferred CAE tools will be given).
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities. Relocation support would be considered on a case by case basis.
MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news