General Maintenance Operative
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
South West Water provide reliable, efficient and high quality drinking water and waste water services throughout Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset. We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers and be amongst the best in the water industry.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the South Wests leading employers as a General Maintenance Operative for our team based in Cornborough, Bideford
The General Maintenance Operative will carry out a range of ground and building maintenance activities at various sites. You will deliver maintenance requirements under the guidance of the area management team. Duties include:
- Reactive and planned grounds maintenance work across SWW assets including, but not limited to:
- The completion of reactive and planned grounds maintenance work across SWW assets
- Accurate and timely feedback of activities completed & adherence to schedules, business rules and procedures
- Store and Handle chemicals in accordance with COSHH, QMS Procedures and relevant Health and Safety standards.
The Ideal General Maintenance Operative:
- Experience of working in a team and an understanding of the importance of teamwork
- Able to work to a high standard, with a focus on quality of work carried out
- Previous use of powered plant and equipment, Hand Tools and chemicals
- Ability to adhere to Risk Assessments and SSOW.
- UK driving license to include classifications B & E (Towing)
- A flexible approach to working hours which may include working on to complete site based activities under a flexible working schedule
Rewards & Benefits:
In return for your hard work as our General Maintenance Operative, we can offer a salary of £18,386 per annum dependent on skills and experience plus a range of excellent benefits, working within in a team-orientated and collaborative environment, for a company that strives to be environmentally, socially and economically sustainable.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team as a General Maintenance Operative, click apply today.
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status