Software Engineer (Data Distribution Service)
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
- We are looking for a highly capable, adaptable and inquisitive Software Design and Development Engineer to help us develop solutions for the next generation of advanced weapon systems.MBDA produce some of the most advanced missile systems in the world.
What are we looking for?
- You will have significant previous experience with embedded C and/or C++
- You will demonstrate in depth knowledge of Data Distribution Service middleware and publish subscribe architectures
- You will have a good degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering combined with significant experience in the development of software for COTS hardware.
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to work well in a team, and maintain momentum during development.The software that you develop will be used across multiple products at several sites, so strong communication skills are essential.
- You will have experience in model-based development, using UML and tools such as IBM Rhapsody.
- Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 and restricted coding standards such as MISRA C would be beneficial.
- This is a software development role
- You will be designing and developing Command & Control application software for the next generation of Ground Based Air Defence Systems
- The new generation of Command and Control weapon systems build on a data distribution service
- This is a very hands-on role, and requires the continued design and development of the Command & Control Product Line architecture for future products.
- You will be developing software in both C++ and C languages.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a great role for somebody with a passion for software and its successful deployment in battlespace weapon systems.You will be working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- You will help deliver the next generation of weapon system design using your Data Distribution Service knowledge to ensure our systems are interoperable, portable, loosely coupled.
- Many of our products and components we use in this domain are the results of strong international collaboration. Consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in Paris and Rome.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a team that continues to develop software used in the most advanced weapon systems in the world.We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems – you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers.
- As part of a highly motivated and successful team, you’ll be delivering against a challenging schedule.
- The team will be delivering FLAADS Land system as part of the British Army’s Sky Sabre air defense architecture.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, maternity and paternity benefits, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
£45k - £55.5k Annual
£350 - £450 Daily
£24k - £26k Annual
£15 - £17 Hourly