Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Are you a software engineer that wants to join a collaborative team-working environment? Are you an individual that thrives in a team adopting new development methodologies? Are you interested in working with a range of cutting edge technology products to ensure they operate in the harshest of environments when people’s lives depend on them? We have multiple opportunities for C/C++ software engineers at our Stevenage site.
What are we looking for?
- A collaborative team player who can bring their individuality and ideas to a growing team;
- An application software engineer with an appreciation of electronic systems. We are not looking for web developers or IT software engineers;
- Candidates who are either looking to make the next move from their first role as a software engineer or candidates who may have more experience looking to make their next career move;
- Experience developing in C or C++ is essential with experience of other languages an advantage;
- Knowledge of electronics measurement techniques and an understanding of communications and serial interfaces such as RS422, RS485, Modbus, CAN and 1553;
- Experience working with complex test equipment is desirable but not essential.
What’s in it for you?
- You will have the opportunity to learn about the whole MBDA product range;
- Develop and grow your career in a company with expanding horizons. In this role you will have the opportunity to gain experience necessary for more senior roles in software engineering;
- Be a part of a change initiative where changes you make will have a perceptible positive impact on the products you deliver;
- The opportunity to travel. We work closely with colleagues across UK and French sites.
- An opportunity to continue your software development career whilst gaining knowledge of other engineering disciplines.
What would you get?
Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- Based at our Stevenage site you will be designing and developing software applications which test our complex product portfolio;
- You will be working with a wide range of engineering teams across the company;
- You will be involved in supporting high tech product development from concept through to production.
What’s great about the team?
Test solutions are delivered by a multi-disciplined dynamic, focussed and agile team of about 100 engineers specialising in all aspects of test solution design, including hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. These skills are co-located providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)