Embedded Software Design and Development Engineer
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems looking for a highly capable and adaptable Embedded Software Design and Development Engineer to join our Development Facility in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
- You will be responsible for developing the real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems.
- This is a hands-on role and will involve designing, implementing and testing the missile subsystem software products and evolutions for future products.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally a degree in Computer Science or other relevant subject.
- Significant previous experience with embedded C, C++ and/or Ada.
- Experience of developing real time embedded software using an OO approach.
- Ability to debug complex problems.
It is essential that you have, or are eligible to obtain, UK Security Clearance
Desirable / Advantageous - Experience in model-based development, either in SysML/UML using tools such as IBM’s Rhapsody or in Matlab/Simulink.
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems such as PikeOS.
- Experience of developing software products under Windows and Linux development environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms.
- Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA.
- Exposure to IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Understanding and use of concepts such as Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems. You will be working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- Many of our products and components we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration; consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France and Italy.
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a team that continues to develop the software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems – you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers on some very interesting products.
- Our success is built upon the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please Note: MBDA UK require all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)