Insurance Pricing Analyst
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
£25,000 - £35,000
This role will play a key part in new business acquisition and renewal retention across a number of personal line products and brands.
You will be required to analyse data using various modelling techniques and statistical learning methods.
As such you will have had exposure to statistical, data mining and visualisation software and be familiar with modelling and analysis tools. You will need to have a strong analytical and numerical background and the ability to summarise and communicate results and formulated strategies to Group stakeholders.
A knowledge of personal lines underwriting and pricing will be instrumental in delivering the requirements of this role.
As a Pricing Analyst, you will use your advanced analytical skills to:
- Working closely with underwriters and product managers your insight and recommendations will enable improvements to prices giving our client a critical advantage in the increasingly competitive insurance market
- Develop complex models for pricing and underwriting across wide ranging statistical techniques
- Make recommendations to senior stakeholders for action based on the results of pricing analysis
- Enable implementation of pricing and underwriting changes into operational systems
- Develop a range of pricing tools for new & existing products
- Using specialist software to monitor trends and complete impact analysis
- Conduct analysis across a range of markets, including; Pet, Private Motor, Home, Commercial Vehicle and Gadget
- Compare prices, products and conditions with the market
- Carry out ad hoc data manipulation as required
- Develop and maintain Management Information packs for key measures and factors
- Provide regular reports and analysis in a timely manner
- Gather market information when required and collate for circulation within the business
- Assist in the development of less experienced team members
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities that are reasonably required by your line manager, working flexibly across other areas of the business
- To ensure that DPA, FCA & TCF and other regulatory requirements are met
- Minimum 1 years` experience working within insurance pricing
- Educated to a high level with a numeric background
- Ability to analyse, understand and interpret data from varying sources
- Communicate results in a concise manner making recommendations where appropriate
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel
- Knowledge of SAS, SQL, R etc.
- Logical thinker with a professional and positive attitude
- Ability to manage time effectively, demonstrate a high level of organisational skills and ability to prioritise work-loads, often working to set deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
Working Hours - Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm
*A CRB check will be required for this role