Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
The HR Officer for Advanté should be self-motivated, enjoy helping others and have strong interpersonal skills.
They are required to work closely with management to develop, advise on and implement policies relating to the effective use of staff in our organisation.
The main aim of the role is to work closely with management to ensure that Advanté employ the right balance of staff in terms of skills and experience and that training and development opportunities are available to enhance their performance and achieve the company’s business aims.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Working closely with various departments, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures
* promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
* liaising with a range of people involved in policy areas such as staff performance and health and safety
* recruiting staff, which involves developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates
* developing and implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management
* preparing staff handbooks
* advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits
* undertaking regular salary reviews
* administering payroll and maintaining employee records
* interpreting and advising on employment law
* dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures
* developing HR planning strategies, which consider immediate and long-term staff requirements
* planning and sometimes delivering training, including new staff inductions
* analysing training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
* business awareness and management skills
* organisational skills and the ability to understand detailed information
* IT and numeracy skills, with strong IT skills required
* interpersonal skills to form effective working relationships with people at all levels
* the ability to analyse, interpret and explain employment law
* integrity and approachability, as managers and staff must feel able to discuss sensitive and confidential issues with you
* curiosity and a willingness to challenge organisational culture where necessary
* the ability to compile and interpret statistical data and communicate it in a professional and understandable manner
* influencing and negotiating skills to implement personnel policies
* potential to handle a leadership role.
The position is for a basic 35.75 hours per week (8.45 to 5pm Mon-Thurs, 8.45 to 4.30pm Friday you may be required to work outside of these hours at times. The role is primarily office based but may involve travel to other sites
There will be times when you may be required to undertake additional tasks, duties and responsibilities within your capabilities. The Company reserves the right to vary your tasks, duties and responsibilities at any time and from time to time according to the needs of the Company’s business. However, you will not be assigned to duties or required to perform services that you cannot reasonably perform, or which are outside the range of your normal skills and experience. There will also be times when you may be asked to transfer, either temporarily or permanently, to an alternative job within the Company. Where this is agreed with you, either on a temporary or a permanent basis, it will be confirmed to you in writing.
Advanté are accredited ‘Investors in People’ and are an ‘Equal Opportunities Employer
£34k - £42k Annual
£28k - £35k Annual
£32k - £32k Annual
£32k - £32k Annual