Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Open GI is a leading software development company and a trusted partner to the general insurance industry. Based across the UK and Europe, our support and development services make us a truly diverse organisation that offers a range of IT solutions to insurance brokers, insurers and MGAs.
We are looking for a Business Analyst based in our offices in Milton Keynes. The key purpose of this role is to carry out business analysis activities associated with the delivery of customer and business strategic projects within the Technical Underwriting department.
* Producing functional and unambiguous requirement documents for both customer and internally funded projects
* Providing internal reviews of colleague’s specifications as necessary
* Arranging and chairing customer meetings to gather project requirements both on and off site.
* Gathering estimates from the Scrum teams, ensuring that all effort quoted is understood and can be represented coherently to the customer (internal or external) as necessary.
* Managing multiple projects, within agreed timescales, under the direction of the Underwriting Projects Team Leader, liaising with other internal departments as necessary to ensure that project timescales and quality of delivery are met.
* Closely managing the expectations of the customer to ensure that they are satisfied with our service and that their part of the development is managed within the timescales required.
* Providing a continuous re-evaluation of existing business processes, ensuring a “review and change” ethos within the team to improve both quality and efficiency.
* Liaising closely with teams to ensure high quality deliverables which meet the scope of the requirements as set out in the relevant specification.
* Managing and scheduling UAT by the customer, providing support both internally to the delivery team and externally to the customer, during testing.
* Executing any other tasks as set by and agreed with the Management team
* Providing backup and support to other team members
* Recent experience in a Business Analyst role.
* Experience of gathering and documenting customer requirements.
* Experience of working with IT systems in a Broking/Insurance environment.
* Excellent customer relationship and negotiation skills.
* Excellent analysis and design skills.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Able to produce concise, unambiguous and functionally complete requirements documentation.
* High level of competence in using Microsoft Word.
Salary of £20,000 - £28,000 per annum depending on skills and experience.
* Company pension.
* Life assurance and critical illness cover.
* Perkbox – An exclusive benefits platform offering a wide range of discounts and benefits.
* Cycle to work scheme.
To apply for this role please complete the Application for Employment below and upload your supporting statement and CV