New Product Manufacturing Engineer
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Early Finish Friday
Opportunity to join a world class, global company offering both stability and innovation and commitment to staff development.
As a leading manufacturer of mechanical equipment, they are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to undertake a varied role within the business.
Utilising your assembly background in production engineering / manufacturing engineering, key accountabilities will be to:
· Oversee the introduction of new products into the manufacturing environment.
· Plan the execution of manufacturing introduction from design release to production acceptance (NPI).
· To manage the supply of pre-production assemblies to the design & approvals teams.
· Prepare tooling budgets for new projects.
· Ensure compliance with both time scales and budget commitments.
· Work with manufacturing team to ensure successful launch.
· Analysis of new designs to ensure Design for Manufacture (DFM) & DFA criteria is met.
· Write process FMEA's
· Have a full working knowledge of mechanical assembly.
· To understand the life-cycle of components, their sources and lead-times.
· Challenge conventions in order to ensure continuous improvements.
· At the design concept phase give manufacturing technical input.
To succeed you will ideally be educated to HND / Degree level in a Mechanical, Manufacturing Systems Engineering or related engineering discipline or have commensurate experience.
New Product Introduction (NPI) within a mechanical assembly environment
DFM Design for Manufacture with pFMEA expertise
Jig / Fixture development (and 2D or 3D CAD capability ideally sought)
In return you will be rewarded not only with a technically challenging and varied role in support of projects but also the opportunity to prove yourself in a business which actively rewards its staff on tangible results.
Please contact Alison Kemp for further details or apply via the Link
The position is likely to suit individuals with a background as (but not limited to): Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Process Engineer, NPI Engineer, DFM Engineer, Mechanical Production Engineer, NPI Lead Engineer or similar.
Orion Electrotech Ltd acts as both an Employment Business and Employment Agency and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.
By applying for this position please take a few moments to view our Privacy Notice on our Orion website which details how we retain and process your data. Alternatively please give us a call so we can discuss this with you