Highways Project Manager
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We also provide professional services through our strategic alliance with Ringway Jacobs delivering to local authorities throughout England under long term contracts. This includes a range of schemes from minor municipal projects to major projects exceeding £100m.
We are looking for talented people to join us across the UK and Ireland to continue our focus on building relationships and making a difference to our clients (90% of our business is repeat business driven by our performance on existing schemes).
Expand your highly sought after technical expertise on complex projects that are strategically vital to Britain’s infrastructure ambitions. Deliver strategic capability and well thought out solutions that genuinely help shape our clients’ business or mission. Thrive in an ethical, safe and healthy environment.
Taking the PM role in Highways projects would include the following activities
* Project management of multidisciplinary projects through several design stages.
* Management of multi office set-up. This includes utilising our offices in other countries and different business units.
* Managing client expectations and meeting their requirements.
* Responsible for all project health and safety documentation.
* Management of change to scope and budget/programme impacts
* Responsible for the day to day management and delivery of projects to programme and budget.
* Management of sub-contractors and all commercial activity ensuring complete understanding of the project requirements and contractual obligations
* Working with strong Alliance behaviours and supporting and leading design teams with an interface with construction.
* Upholding Jacobs core values, culture and processes.
You will hold an Engineering Degree or have significant engineering experience. This will ensure you have a broad knowledge of the technical disciplines and commercial inputs which are required and make up a highways project. Ideally you will be chartered in an appropriate professional body.
You will know the principles of Project Management, and have the ability to
* Effectively plan, monitor and control the work of self and others, taking account of the priorities of projects
* Plan, monitor and control the delivery of projects to clients
* Communicate with others and clients
* Report the commercial status of projects in accordance with company methods
* Assist project delivery to the cost, time and quality objectives of the company and subsequent clients
* Understand the factors affecting motivation of project team members and techniques for risk management
* Competent in MSOffice, MS Project, Earned Value, reporting Tools
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all
£35 - £40 Hourly
£350 - £400 Daily
£240 - £300 Daily
£37.5 - £42.5 Hourly