Senior Electrical Technician
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We are a leading manufacturer of a diverse and trusted range of concrete and clay building products used extensively within the construction sector, with instantly recognisable brands such as Thermalite blocks, London Brick, Ecostock, Cradley, Formpave and Jetfloor, Bison Precast.
Our product range comprises of clay bricks, Thermalite blocks, aggregate blocks, Red Bank chimney, roofing and flue systems, precast concrete and flooring products and Formpave permeable paving.
Forterra represents exactly what we do and have always done. Our purpose is to manufacture products that are the essential to the nation’s construction sector, helping our customers build with ease and confidence. Moreover, we continue to lead our industry in terms of standards and safety.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our team in the position of Senior Electrical Technician at Newbury.
* Maintain the site electrical plant and equipment to ensure the efficient and safe working of the plant.
* Carry out preventative maintenance and installation of new equipment as required.
* Plan the workload for weekly & annual factory shutdowns, utilising the available manpower and resources.
* Communicate and liaise with outside contractors and suppliers.
* Development of electrical technicians training plans and appraisals.
* Development and implementing ongoing plant improvements including capital projects.
* Assist the electrical and mechanical technicians with their shift duties and breakdowns.
* Respond to and act upon the fault reporting system.
* Works closely with process technicians, process operators, shift/team leaders, senior mechanical technician, software technician, engineering stores, health & safety co-ordinator, production manager and engineering manager to ensure the sites targets and objectives are achieved.
* Health and Safety of self and others
* Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
* Effective supervision of engineering department
* Effective communication to the engineering and production departments
* Participating in continuous plant improvements
* Work with engineering contractors as required
* Conduct preventative and planned maintenance
* Assist with plant breakdowns as required
* Effective communication through section log book and engineering database entries
* Maintaining department and site housekeeping standards
* Carry out shutdown preparatory work
* A recognised electrical trade qualification, including the latest IEE regulations
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email