Payroll Assistant Manager
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Barber McLelland are working in partnership with Firm of Accountants based in Chesterfield who are looking to appoint an experienced Payroll Specialist to join the firm as Payroll Supervisor.
The business are a leading firm of accountants, supporting a wide range of clients from smaller owner managed businesses through to larger corporate entities. They provide a wide range of client services and have invested heavily in the payroll support which they provide to these businesses.
The successful individual will have developed a minimum of 4 years experience working within a payroll bureau and have the ability to manage multiple payrolls on a weekly, bi weekly and monthly basis, along with significant client interaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
Supporting the firms Payroll Bureau Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
* Management of a varied client portfolio from smaller limited companies through to companies with large weekly/monthly payrolls
* Strategic input into the payroll bureau division and its offering to the wider client portfolio within the firm
* Reviewing and checking all aspects of payroll process (starters, leavers, secondments, transfers and completion of all appropriate tax forms, variable data - e.g. bonus, advances, overtime, etc.)
* Successfully build and maintain strong working relationships with existing and new clients
* Managing client queries
* Provide support and training with more junior staff members
Skills and Qualities
The successful candidate will have proven experience working within a payroll bureau environment, along with a strong understanding current payroll legislation. The ability to provide payroll support and advice within the division is also highly important.
* Salary £20,000 - £25,000
* Flexibility with working hours
Barber McLelland are a dedicated and niche recruitment consultancy service for the Accountancy Profession. Our area of expertise covers recruitment from part qualified accountants through to Partners and Directors within Big 4, National Accountancy Firms, through to Independent Accountants and Specialist Boutiques across the Yorkshire and East Midlands Region.
For more information about this role or for additional information on how we can assist you in securing your next career move, please contact Justin Barber at Barber McLelland
£18.7k - £30k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£34k - £35k Annual