1st Line Analyst - Service Desk - nights
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Answering incoming contacts from customers and to accurately log incidents ensuring all relevant data is captured whilst logging the incident. To provide a single point of contact to our customers and to ensure that incidents are fully managed through to resolution.
Service Operations Team Leader
Main Purpose of Job
· 1st Line Support of Wintel / Retail and Hardware related incidents.
· Accurately log incidents and ensure all relevant data is captured whilst logging the incident.
· Regularly updating incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
· Proactively keeping Customers informed on incident or request status and progress.
· Escalate incidents where a first time fix is not possible to either 2nd line support or the relevant resolver group.
· Adhering to Incident management procedures.
· Monitor, progress, and resolve incidents whilst ensuring customer satisfaction through proactive updates, frequent contact and escalation where necessary.
· Resolve >60% of incidents logged as a First Time Fix
· Keeping up to date with the current standard procedures.
· Proactively maintain and develop knowledge, skills and experience through client contact, industry sources, formalised training and development plan.
· Provide a point of technical escalation and expertise.
· Escalate potential service issues initially with Team Leader/Service Desk Manager /Service Delivery Manager
· Escalate potential problem issues with Problem and Incident Management.
· Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork.
· Contributing to team meetings.
Knowledge & Experience
· Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English.
· Good knowledge of IT platforms, equipment and applications.
· Proven Customer service skills
· Up to 6 months' experience as an analyst within a similar environment
· Industry recognised qualifications in relevant area is desirable (i.e. MCP)
· Up to 6 months remote support experience of
o Windows Operating Systems (Essential)
o Citrix (Desirable)
o Cisco Telephony Systems (Desirable)
o Hardware troubleshooting of both desktop and server hardware. (Desirable)
o Application support of applications from major vendors such as Netapp, Cisco, Microsoft, etc (Desirable)
· Knowledge of supporting various windows applications including MS Office from end user perspective (Desirable)
· Understanding of the ITIL framework and knowledge of the various associated disciplines is desirable
· Experience of working to SLAs and KPIs and to be able to accurately describe their purpose is desirable.
· Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
· Effective communication skills.
· Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution.
· Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external issues in a calm and polite manner.
· Ability to work under pressure and apply existing knowledge to unknown areas.
· Ability to work in a team and to support team members.
· Structured troubleshooting skills and inquisitive nature.
Passionate, professional, with a 'can-do' attitude at all times
Problem management and Problem solving
£20k - £22k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£55k - £75k Annual
£350 - £500 Daily