Area Sales Manager- Central
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Creating a better world, a better company, and a more fulfilling future…
With ambitious growth plans, Calor is looking to recruit an engaging, dynamic and forward thinking Area Sales Manager to lead and develop our Field Sales team covering the central region the Midlands (west and east), Lincolnshire, South Yorkshire, Cheshire, Staffordshire and North Wales.
The key to realising our vision is through driving a high performing sales culture centred around understanding and delivering on our customer needs.
The role of Area Sales Manager is a fantastic opportunity to make a real impact and help shape our future through leading and motivating a multi discipline field sales team, and driving performance to achieve stretching acquisition, retention and margin management targets.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Leading and inspiring a high performing sales team to achieve customer acquisition targets in terms of customer creation, tonnage and margin management
* Leading the team to achieve customer retention targets in terms of contract renewals, tonnage and margin management
* Managing the development of individuals and the team by identifying training and development requirements and ensuring career and succession plans are considered, as well as ensuring effective recruitment of new members of the team
* Monitoring and tracking sales effectiveness and performance through the use of CRM and other reporting tools; taking corrective action including a strong emphasis on coaching individuals to improve performance
* Demonstrating visible felt leadership in Safety ensuring the safety of the team and customers
* Promoting a strong customer focus ensuring feedback from customers is reviewed and acted upon
* Implementing pricing strategies working closely with the Commercial Effectiveness team to ensure the process and outcomes are understood and monitored
* Building effective internal and external networks and relationships with key stakeholders and keeping abreast of external market developments
* Developing and leading local campaigns to support growth based on insight and customer data alongside marketing and the side sales function
As such we would like you to:
* Have proven experience of managing field sales teams or be educated to graduate level
* Demonstrate leadership qualities and be able to draw on experience of motivating, mentoring and coaching to drive performance of individuals and teams
* Be able to draw on a strong track record of delivering results through translating strategic goals into sales objectives and targets
* Demonstrate strong commercial acumen with the ability to understand and review financial reporting, investment opportunities and models to drive business performance
* Ideally have knowledge of the LPG industry and Calor business model
* Have experience of handling and negotiating with large high, value accounts
* Have both B2B and B2C customer sales experience
* Be able to draw on experience of using Salesforce/CRM to maximize sales and margin performance
* Demonstrate the ability to build relationships with customers and key stakeholders cross functionally and with external influencers
* Have the ability to influence and engage others by using the best style of communication for them
* Demonstrate the ability to understand customers’ motivations and respond to such
To be considered for the above opportunity you must be eligible to live and work in UK and hold a full driving licence that is valid for you to drive in the UK.
Calor Gas Ltd. adhere to ethical recruiting methods ensuring that we do not discriminate against any candidate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation