Port Captain, Heavy Lift projects - Indonesia
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
We urgently require an exprienced Port Captain with a strong background of heavy lifting projects, offloading, brownfield lifting operations for a c9 month contract in Indonesia.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management and advance planning of each new vessel call/ discharge to the dock. They must ensure all
ensure that all the CSTS documentation requirements are met well in advance and as per CSTS compliance timelines. Attend all CSTS planned daily meetings, provide vessel scheduling updates as well documentation / engineering drawings /plans are provided as required.
They will have the support a dedicated Engineer and draftsman and will work as an effective team to ensure all Carrier documentation is provided, Engineering drawings are updated and all vessel documents are submitted collectively to CSTS for approvals.
They will manage and pre-plan the discharging of all heavy-lift vessels, attend each discharge and coordinate between carriers, client and other onsite contractors as required.
• Attend daily CSTs operational meetings
• Plan and coordinate next vessel documentation requirements
• Pre-plan and attend all vessel discharges
• Manage and ensure all CSTs documentation is provided as per CSTs timelines
• Work closely with fellow Engineer / drafts-man to ensure documentation compliance
• Coordinate with coordinators that all shipping scheduling and vessel information is passed to client
• Daily conference call with Project Manager on site / vessel / engineering status
• Ensure all QHSE standards are met and maintained
• Represent in a smart and professional manner at all times
• Liaise with all carriers directly/ indirectly to ensure all certificates/ rigging equipment is provided
• Provide support and liaise with CSTs on-site personnel for all operational activities
• Other responsibilities as directed by Project Manager
Please apply with a full up to date CV and relevant certificates