Project Engineer E&P
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Location – Derby
Rates – £350
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project
Working on the Midland Mainline programme – Including L2C (London to Corby) Electrification, Stations, Stabling and Points Heating projects amongst others. The role will involve dealing with large multi-disciplinary projects in GRIP 5-8 that are at the end of the detailed design state and entering the delivery stage.
What you will do:
* Implement Network Rail systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
* Monitor specific projects managed by Infrastructure Investment so that they are engineered to the standards and specification of Network Rail, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and Network Rail Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
* Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
* Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with Network Rail’s environmental policy.
* Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
* Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage so that the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
* Monitor so that the contractor’s design/construction/specialists personnel are competent.
* Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
* Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
Your experience will include:
* Detailed design and delivery experience
* Experience of reviewing detailed designs, project close out and hand back
* Site safety tours and inspections