Investment Management Graduate Trainee
Posted on Jul 11, 2019 by CV-Library
Bury St Edmunds
It is initially a two-year structured training programme combining on the job training with the professional exam qualification you will need to develop your career in investment management. All your exam costs and study support will be covered by us in addition to your salary.
You will initially study the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investments (CISI) Investment Advice Diploma level 4. This initial qualification involves the following 3 exams:
Once you have completed the diploma you can continue with further studies.
* Gaining a strong understanding of the financial services profession and the process of providing people with investment advice.
* From day one you will be working on real client cases learning about a wide variety of investment products.
* Gathering detailed information about clients’ financial circumstances.
* Inputting information on to specialist wealth management software and using sophisticated research tools to assist the team.
* Supporting our investment managers in providing excellent customer service, completing application forms and dealing with any communications on your client cases.
* Liaising directly with clients and product providers on a variety of financial issues.
* Assisting investment management with meeting preparation and undertaking reviews of clients’ investment portfolios.
* Undertaking investment research and providing reports for the investment committee
* Attend and contribute to our quarterly investment committee meetings
* Placing trades on client portfolios on trading platforms.
* In your second year, you will begin to research financial products; you will also be more involved with the assessment our client’s risk profiling and agreeing client investment strategy, as well as completing the Know Your Client process.
A good candidate should:
* Have achieved or be expected to achieve at least a 2:2 in their chosen degree.
* Have a real interest in financial services and show a desire to learn about the investment advice process.
* Be interested in pursuing a career in investment management.
* Demonstrate the ability to manage their own time effectively and work to deadlines.
* Have the ability to communicate effectively with other team members and work well in a team as a whole.
* Be proficient with Microsoft Office programmes, including Excel.
* Have excellent attention to detail.
if this role sounds of interest, please apply TODAY