Mechanical Tooling Engineer – Plastic
Posted on Jul 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Up to £45,000 + bonus
* Support and bridge the gap between mechanical design and the production teams to critique and assess designs to ensure design for manufacture and sustainability of products
* Ensure plastic injection mould tooling is fit for purpose using CPK, 6 sigma and 8D measurement tools
* Investigate and resolve technical issues within the design or production process moving towards more preventative actions
This is a new opportunity for a Mechanical Tooling Engineer, mechanical design engineer or sustaining engineer with a strong background in plastic injection moulding to support the ongoing manufacture of safety critical, lifesaving products within a high-volume manufacturing environment.
Role: Mechanical Tooling Engineer:
* Work with members of the mechanical design team to ensure that products are optimised for sustainable manufacture
* Propose improvements to designs and update product documentation through the Design Change Order process
* Carry out 8D analysis, DFMEAs & PFMEAs to ensure that root causes and potential failures within production or tooling are found and resolved
* Work with suppliers and internal Process Engineering teams to ensure that components meet all design and quality requirements across their lifetime
* Use Solidworks part & assembly modelling tools to update designs and document with 2D Drafting
* Identify, evaluate & introduce new technologies, cost reductions or materials where appropriate
Skills: Mechanical Tooling Engineer:
* You must have excellent knowledge of plastic injection moulding, tooling design and the ability to read and interpret mechanical design drawings
* Ability to take long term quality data and analyse the impact of any defects in production
* Strong understanding of production and manufacturing processes, how parts are made, design for manufacture and GD&T
* Excellent problem-solving skills using statistical processes – 8D, CPK, 6 sigma, continuous improvement etc.
* You will need excellent attention to detail and communication skills to work across different teams – design, production, quality
* Knowledge of high reliability, highly regulated or safety critical products or sectors would be very beneficial – medical devices, automotive, rail, aerospace etc.
* Degree or HNC in Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering, Manufacturing, mechanical design etc.
The company offer a supportive and dynamic working environment with training and development opportunities, Flexible working, bonus, pension, private medical and free parking, tea and coffee!
They are commutable from Chichester, Fareham, Southampton, Worthing, Petersfield but will consider candidates within the EU