Business Development Director - Software Solutions
Posted on Jul 10, 2019 by CV-Library
£60 000 to £75 000 Dep. on Exp. - OTE 115k+
Talent Reach is partnering with a specialist data analytics company who are looking to complement their current sales function with an experienced Business Development Director. As a company, they are an innovator in their sector and continue to evolve their SaaS-based product to keep their offering as a market leader.
This opportunity for a Business Development Director is suited to a career professional who has a strong background in the pharma, life science or biotech sectors. This is an essential requirement as your target market will be in these specialist markets.
The Business Development Director is a senior sales position responsible for all new client acquisition sales within the EMEA region.
• Identify new opportunities and sell the products & services to prospective clients
• Collaborate with New Business Sales and Client Success team members to manage the assigned territory and business segment, follow the strategic territory business plan to identify, sell to and close prospective clients and achieve the assigned quarterly and annual sales targets
• Engage with stakeholders at a senior and C-Suite level at the prospective client to acquire new business and win new accounts
• Present and demonstrate the products in an effective manner to prospective clients
• Generate qualified leads via telemarketing, email, social media, and on-site meetings and other tools and effective management and qualification of all Marketing generated leads
• Meet target Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) for activity levels, prospecting, on-site sales meetings, and pipeline development.
• Accurate and consistent forecasting
• Proactive and timely management of the prospective client’s experience during the sales process to move the sales opportunity through the sales funnel
• Make entry of all account, contacts and prospecting activities into the CRM system.
• Prospective client on-site meetings, attend conferences, join associations and network with peers and associates to generate valuable connections
• Meet or exceed assigned sales objectives and targets
• Works with the Client Success team to facilitate a strong implementation process.
• Able to align and sell the propositions to prospective client’s persona, role, business problems, and challenges.
• 5+ Years’ sales experience in New Business Development and/or Account Management
• Well versed in the dynamics of a consultative sale as a Business Development Director
• Educated to degree level or demonstrable applicable business experience
• Self-starter and independent thinker with the aptitude to work autonomously.
• Proven success fostering value-based relationships and a skill set enabling successful relationships with numerous levels within the business hierarchy.
• Ability to navigate a complex sales process.
• Demonstrated written, listening, and verbal communication skills required
• Demonstrated presentation skills required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office application
• Experienced at selling to Pharmaceutical, Consulting, or Life Science industries
• Good understanding of how analysis and information supports Pharma and Biotech business processes and decisions - Desirable
• Self-motivating with strong work ethics and integrity
• Results driven with the ability to execute and proven track record of positive outcomes
• The ability to explain complex financial concepts in simplified terms
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills and ability to build and maintain a respected and trusted relationship with all clients and global team members
• Strong collaborator who listens well to team members and clients and is an inclusive team builder
• Ability to consider global issues and their local impact and provide guidance to team members accordingly
Please apply & all suitable candidates will be contacted asap. Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is sometimes not possible to speak to all applicants directly. Please assume that if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of your application that on this occasion it will not be progressed. We thank you for your understanding