Posted on Jul 10, 2019 by CV-Library
Progressive permanent opportunity offering professional development, and excellent benefits. Immediate start available.
Salary: £40824 per annum per annum plus salary increase upon completion of probation, plus annual bonus plus excellent benefits
Hours: Full time Mon-Friday
Location: South Cerney
* Financial Services experience essential
* Proven experience of supervising a team essential
* Proven experience of working with Financial Advisors
* Diploma in Medical Underwriting or qualified by experience
* Income Protection Insrance experience
* Good standard of education
* ACII qualification desirable
* The ability to build strong working relationships with internal departments and external partners
* Resilience at dealing with and overcoming questions, enquires and other issues relating to the role of the Underwriting Department which may arise
* Commercial Acumen -understanding the commercial implications of the role
The Senior Underwriter will review new business applications and amendments to applications and arrange terms to reflect the degree of risk.
Reporting into the Chief Underwriter, the Senior Underwriter will manage the day to day operation of the Underwriting team, including managing, allocating and monitoring workload, team priorities, departmental KPIs, team performance, team sickness and assist with individual development plans.
The Senior Underwriter will make decisions with regard to which cases need to be referred to the Chief Medical Officer and progress as necessary to ensure a speedy resolution to queries.
The Senior Underwriter will pro-actively contribute ideas with regard to the department’s processes and will seek out ways to optimise the performance of the department and individuals within the department.
Interested? Please forward your CV to the below email address as soon as possible.
Please note as this is a permanent position in financial services; the successful applicant will be subject to a credit check.
SJM Recruit Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy