Head of Product Category
Posted on Jul 10, 2019 by CV-Library
A leading IT solutions provider are looking to hire an experienced Head of Product Category (Business Advisory, Product, Marketing) to join a talented Product team in the UK.
The Head of Product Category (Business Advisory, Product, Marketing) will lead the development of our Business Advisory services portfolio, building on several specific areas of strength we already have and will help us define and roll out new services. These include IT Strategy, IT Operating Model, Enterprise Architecture, Digital Transformation and Maturity Services, Programme/ Project Management, Business Analysis, Automation and Lean, Testing and ROI/Economics modelling.
Responsibilities for the Head of Product Category (Business Advisory, Product, Marketing):
* Set out the Category Strategy and Roadmap. Specify market opportunities and requirements (fact-based) for current and future product/services, drawing on research, sales insights, customers, partners and other stakeholders.
* Ensure sufficient insight into competitor offerings and pricing for the Category. Use this, along with a view on the value we deliver to our customers to drive increased yield and improved pricing across the Category.
* Set out a recommended set of investments and bring those to the Product Investment Board, supported by business cases.
* Support and drive the entire product life cycle for the Category from planning to tactical activities, through to retirement as required.
* Provide leadership in prioritisation of new demand/ opportunities.
* Take ownership of drive the commercial success of the Category and for specific services (s) working with sales, service managers, pre-sales, delivery, and marketing to plan and implement go-to-market campaigns.
* Provide strong leadership and direction in a matrix structure to promote best practices in product management across the organisation.
Experience for the Head of Product Category (Business Advisory, Product, Marketing):
* 4+ years of product marketing/product management experience, ideally in Consulting/SI/IT, and or Managed and Digital Services environment.
* Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, IT or another relevant discipline.
* Able to straddle both product management and product marketing - defining and delivering customer propositions and products.
* Good understanding of IT Product/Services development lifecycle and techniques, and experience in the development of business cases, service definition, through to marketing and sales support collateral. Demonstrated ability to translate market/customer requirements into product/service features that will drive valuable outcomes in business terms.
* Experience of setting the strategy and roadmap for a business and/or Product Category/Portfolio, and providing input to business and investment planning.
* A high degree of commercial acumen is essential, ensuring we invest in and drive high yield in products supported by smart price/cost models.
* Knowledgeable in relevant technology and technology trends, as well as the relevant market players, particularly in consulting, SI, and managed IT and digital services.
* Highly motivated self-starter is able to work with minimal supervision and direction. Ability to multitask on diverse requirements. Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* Experience in consulting, ideally working with or creating repeatable methodologies and approaches/templates.
* Proven experience of successfully defining, delivering, and managing products, working in a matrix organisation