Civil, Structural & Architectural (CSA) Engineer
Posted on Jul 9, 2019 by CV-Library
This position is office based and is supporting the design of a project taking place in the North East. Design responsibilities are split between a location in Teesside and a location in India, so frequent liaising between the teams will be part of your role.
The Civil, Structural and Architectural department requires an experienced Civil / Structural Engineer to join the team on projects of varying scales and complexity where they will be responsible for the delivery of structural analysis and designs in a multi-discipline environment ensuring time, cost and quality are met.
They will address and resolve functional issues within a project through use of their technical capabilities and engineering judgement, applying their skills or generating innovative solutions as appropriate.
* Plan and prioritise own work and that of more junior staff so that parallel activities are all completed in a timely manner
* Ensure that work complies with all necessary corporate, departmental and legislative requirements and procedures, to guarantee that the necessary consistency and quality of delivery is maintained.
* Carry out engineering calculations and check the work of more junior staff to deliver a quality functional input to projects
* Proactively generate value adding options within projects to offer to clients to improve both the chance of winning work and satisfaction with completed and ongoing work
* Provide functional support and guidance to more junior staff to develop both them as individuals and the capability of the team as a whole
* Keep abreast of current technology so that technical input to projects takes account of new developments
A degree in Civil / Structural Engineering or related relevant discipline; an advanced or supplementary degree would be an asset; ideally Chartered Engineer status.
Ten years or more experience in a civil and structural design role having direct influence over engineering practices and outcomes
Must be familiar with the requirements of Eurocodes, British Standards and relevant Building Regulations.
Proficient use and knowledge of appropriate structural analysis programs (e.g. STAAD Pro, TEDDS
Experience in the management of preparation of drawing and project deliverables
Experience of structural dynamics, including designing for seismic and impact load effects
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software
£25 - £30 Hourly
£33.5k - £33.5k Annual