IT Project Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
This key role within the Technical Services team, providing technical design, configuration, commissioning, testing and documentation for IT (network and server), cyber security projects and support capability for a range of IT & cyber security projects. This is a development role and the job holder will be expected to progress being given increased levels of scope and responsibility as their experience and knowledge develops (training & development will be provided).
• Work ethic – Possesses a strong willingness to work effectively and efficiently to deliver projects within defined timescales.
• Flexibility – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and project requirements. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
• High level of existing experience of delivering complex IT and network, server systems.
• The ability to communicate effectively & efficiently with a keen eye for detail.
• Design, configuration, commissioning, documentation and technical support for IT and network-based equipment including switches, routers, firewalls, PC’s and servers etc.
• Detailed knowledge of switching, routing and VPN protocols and techniques e.g. OSPF, Multicast, VRRP, Spanning Tree, IPSEC & SSL VPN, QoS etc., across multiple platforms (Cisco, Juniper & Fortinet).
• Assisting with configuration of Proof of Concept (PoC) laboratories, testing and associated documentation utilising Visio.
• Technical Pre-Sales support and customer demonstrations.
• Creation of technical and project documentation in various formats including drawings, O&M manuals, test specifications and reports – utilising Microsoft Office packages (including Visio).
• Cisco ICND/CCNA
• Fortinet NSE4
• Juniper JNCIA
• Microsoft MCP (server 2000x), HyperV
• VMware VCA
Your Basic salary will be £30-35K pay band dependent on experience + on call allowance + team performance bonus, 20 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays) + Perkbox + Workplace Pension
Please feel free to call Jack James on (phone number removed) to discuss further
£35k - £35k Annual
£34k - £40k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£28k - £38k Annual
£28k - £38k Annual