Business Development Executive (New Business)
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter-service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,800 people with a turnover of £1.1 billion.
A.F. Blakemore has always been committed to developing a loyal and dedicated workforce that is focused upon excellent customer service and behaving with honesty and integrity. The company has always strived to build partnerships with suppliers and trade partners while never underestimating the role that it plays within the communities it serves.
Position: New Business Executive
Location: North Wales / Midlands Area
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week, Monday - Friday
Salary: £23,000.00 basic with OTE £50,000.00 per annum
Benefits: Company Sick Pay Scheme, Additional Holidays, Company Pension Scheme, Staff Discount, Long Service Awards, Life Cover, Cycle to Work Scheme, Employee Volunteering Opportunities, Company Vehicle commensurate with job role
Closing date: July 21, 2019
About the role:
The effective recruitment of targeted retailers into the SPAR group.
- Identifying potential retailers for recruitment, in accordance with A. F. Blakemore criteria.
- Managing a potential retailer database for the territory.
- Building a group of key industry contacts within the territory.
- Selling the SPAR brand to potential retailers.
- Ensuring that all new retailers meet our commercial targets.
- Project management of the recruitment / development process, from first call to store launch.
- Inducting retailers into the SPAR group prior to trading.
- Ensuring that appropriate communication links and support are well established with each relevant department at the point of trading.
- Ensuring that all cost budgets are achieved in conjunction with commercial team and Development Director.
- Behave within the principles of the company’s values at all times.
- Maintain employee and organisational confidentiality in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Demonstrate commitment to equality and diversity.
- Comply with all legislative requirements as well as all company policies, procedures and processes.
- Will be required to travel to sites other than normal place of work for business purposes.
- Could be required to stay away from home overnight or attend evening events on behalf of the business.
- Will have access to a company car as part of role and must ensure this is looked after in accordance with company policy.
- Full UK Driving Licence is essential.
- High level of numeracy and literacy is essential.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft programs.
- Demonstrable Retail and Cold Call Sales experience is essential.
- Experience in the use of Sparpos systems is preferred.
- Ability to use logical and creative thinking to solve problems and make decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships.
- Strong organisational and planning skills with an attention to detail.
- Ability to provide leadership, direction and motivation to teams.
- Experience in managing costs and resources.
- Customer focussed and understands the importance of this to the business.
- Challenges appropriately and identifies areas for improvement.
- Ability to deal with conflict in an effective and professional manner.
- Demonstrates integrity, a strong work ethic and upholds the company values and principles.
- Extremely self-motivated and driven.
You may have experience of the following: Business Development Executive, Account Manager, Account Management, Business Development, Business Development Manager, Client Account Manager, Key Account Manager, New Business Development Manager, Internal Account Manager, New Business Development, B2B, Sales Executive, Client Relationship Management, Senior Sales Executive, Retail etc
£25k - £45k Annual
£18k - £28k Annual
£24.5k - £24.5k Annual