Quality Control Technician
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Sector: Manufacturing & Engineering
Shift Pattern: Full-time Monday to Friday
Nicholas Associates (Engineering, Manufacturing & Technical) are recruiting on behalf of a forward thinking manufacturing client for a Quality Control Technician to join their Engineering Team based from their extremely successful fabrication and manufacturing site in Barnsley.
Based in Barnsley, the Quality Control Technician’s role and responsibilities will be to:
* Provide Quality Control support to Manufacturing areas, conduct inspection, collect measurement data, and ensure quality control documents are available to operators. PDi sheets, In-process inspection sheets;
* Support Quality Assurance Engineers and Team Leaders in implementing preventative solutions to quality concerns;
* Assist in the development, implementation and auditing of Quality Control Procedures;
* Conduct “patrol” inspection assisting operators in identifying non-conforming processing to standards and identifying rework requirements.
The successful candidate will have:
* Experience in manufacturing practices; Welding/Fabrication, CNC Machining, Assembly, Finishing Processes and Pressing
* Accredited inspector qualification, e.g. PCN level 1 for welding inspection
* Ability to use basic measuring equipment, e.g. Vernier, bore micrometre, bore gauges and Go/No Go gauges etc.
* Ability to use CMM (Faro Arm) devices desirable
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
* Computer literate – with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint also Access but not essential.
* Working knowledge of Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001:2008)
* 30 year old private UK company
* Have achieved sustained sales growth year on year to become one of the world’s leading designers and manufacturers in their field.
* Have a vast sales and export network across over 40 countries worldwide, supported by 400 employees in the UK, based across three centres of excellence manufacturing sites
* Health cover, contributory pension, life insurance, and competitive holiday allowance.
Due to the urgency of this assignment, click the “apply now” button to get your CV straight to me.
Key words: Quality Control Technician, Barnsley, Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Wakefield, Huddersfield, QA Engineer practical problem solving, 8D methods, Monitor audit in-process quality control systems, AQL’s, Acceptable Quality Limits, Quality Control Procedures, SPC, X-Bar, R charts, Quality Control Plans, Pre-delivery inspection (PDI)
Nicholas Associates Professional is a highly respected industry leading professional recruitment agency specialising exclusively in Executive Search and Selection, Construction, Engineering and Technical, and Finance and Accountancy roles across the UK and internationally. Working with many of the UK's most well-known client brands, we are passionate about matching the best talent to the best roles.
Nicholas Associates Professional is part of Nicholas Associates Group, a market leading partner of choice for talent management solutions, from Apprentice to Boardroom. For us, it's all about enabling people to be their best.
To find out more about us please visit (url removed)
£25k - £28.7k Annual
£12 - £12 Hourly
£12.6 - £12.6 Hourly
£25k - £28.7k Annual