IT Technical Support
Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Full time, permanent
Salary up to 21,963
The RNN Group incorporates Rotherham College, North Notts College, Dearne Valley College and its five subsidiary training organisations. We are based in the East Midlands and the South Yorkshire region and aim to help companies succeed and individuals learn their way to career security, fulfilment and happiness. Whatever role they are in, our staff are skilled, effective and dedicated to delivering or supporting outstanding education or training. If you want to work in a friendly, progressive organisation which makes a positive difference, and are passionate, driven and enthusiastic with experience in an IT support role and want to join an aspirational team then this could be an ideal role for you.
About the role
The Support Technician is a key part of the IT Services team for the RNN Group, ensuring a high level of customer service in providing technical diagnosis and resolution to both staff and learners. With a varied range of hardware and software to meet the needs of all clients (learners and staff) this is therefore a great opportunity to gain experience and skills across a wide range of industry recognised IT resources.
Your main priority will be to resolve requests that customers raise via our Helpdesk system, ensuring a timely resolution in line with our service level agreements and ensuring clear communication with clients throughout the resolution process.
You will be primarily based at Rotherham Campus but you must be able to travel to, and work from, the other Group sites and subsidiaries e.g. Dinnington, Worksop, Dearne Valley and other off-site clients, on an as and when required basis.
Have you got what it takes?
* Two years' experience in repairing 'end user' IT equipment (desktop PCs, laptops, tablets, printers, etc.) and sorting out operating system issues (Microsoft Windows 7 & 10, basic Active Directory tasks, Apple IOS)
* Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate at all levels
* A good problem solver & be able to manage multiple tasks
We can offer:
* Competitive salary, free parking at most sites and 45p a mile for travel at work
* Generous annual leave entitlement of 22 days rising to 26 + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 efficiency closure days
* Entry to Local Government or Teachers pension scheme, with a significant contribution from the RNN Group
* Access to a range of RNN benefits, gyms, salons and restaurants designed to save you time and money.
* Significant investment in your development including funding for qualifications
Closing date: 21/7/19 - if you are shortlisted for this post you will be contacted within a week of the closing date.
If you are viewing this advert on an external website to RNN Group you can visit our website to see the full JD/Person Spec, apply for the position and view our other fantastic opportunities within the RNN Group
£40k - £45k Annual