Posted on Jul 4, 2019 by CV-Library
Duties to include:
• To read and understand all build manuals, drawings, specifications, company policies and procedures in relation to any task set.
• To gather, set up and operate all equipment and machinery as per specifications or instructions included within the build manual, in a safe and controlled manner, reporting damage or breakages.
• To complete assigned work and associated paperwork correctly and efficiently, within time set, following build manuals and using best practice where ambiguity lies.
• To contribute to the continued improvement of procedures, practices and operations within the business, raising concerns and issues immediately with the most appropriate person, in the most appropriate way, offering suggestions and possible remedial actions.
• To support the design team in the manufacture of first offs, communicating any suggestions that may benefit, improve or contribute to the build manual, drawing or general design, in order to help drive efficiency.
• To ensure entire working environment is kept clean, tidy and safe.
• To ensure work space, operations and builds are in accordance with ISO 9001:2015.
• To attend mandatory training sessions and train others when necessary.
• To support colleagues across all departments where skills or experience may be lacking.
• To contribute to a positive working environment both in the production area and rest of business.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Care and diligence in all that they do.
• Empathy with customers and suppliers, absorbing work and time pressures and being mindful that not everyone understands the technology that our client produces.
• Ensuring security and confidentiality both inside and outside the workplace.
• Continuous Improvement, offering ideas and solutions for improving efficiency, motivation, cost savings or safety in the workplace.
• Transparency and honesty, ensuring you are being open with colleagues, suppliers and customers at all times, communicating when tasks are not going to be met and offering solutions and seeing mistakes as opportunities to grow and develop.
• Plain speaking, able to adapt communication to any given audience, whether it be via phone, email or face-to-face.
• Operate safely, at all times, sharing responsibility of the protection of ourselves and others.
• Demonstrate quality in all tasks, operating under the ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System.
• HNC or equivalent in relevant subject.
• Working knowledge within a manufacturing/assembly environment. Graduates will be considered.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to read and understand technical literature and drawings.
If this role sounds of interest to you, please send a copy of your CV or contact Paul on (phone number removed).
We look forward to hearing from you!
Simple Recruitment (South West) Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency where this vacancy is concerned
£27k - £30k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£13.5 - £17.1 Hourly
£28k - £30k Annual
£19k - £21k Annual
£20k - £20k Annual
£17k - £22k Annual